• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did anyone else leave on the ACC network?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because he had a good season after years of failure and that made him a program builder. Also CCS is horrible because he is a retread that failed at a major program but CWT is different because some people here caught feels.

Still wish he would have stayed. He cashed out and now may never be a HC again, 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Still wish he would have stayed. He cashed out and now may never be a HC again, 

I don’t think anyone wanted him to go when he did, (now a year and a half before hand...) but that doesnt now change the fact that people who say we can’t go back to the past with CJL or they don’t want big program burnouts are being hypocritical when they say they would take CWT back.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I don’t think anyone wanted him to go when he did, (now a year and a half before hand...) but that doesnt now change the fact that people who say we can’t go back to the past with CJL or they don’t want big program burnouts are being hypocritical when they say they would take CWT back.

Agreed...no way in hell I would want him back...done with retreads. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I'd take XCWT back in a heartbeat. His energy, his recruiting, and the end results. He left the shelves stocked with talent. Y'all seem to forget that  he took over for Holtz, who left us with a losing culture and mindset. And the players on the team weren't anywhere near what we needed. 

His team's were exciting to watch, especially when he righted the ship. Can you imagine what he could do with Mcloud??? I even credit him for Strong's first year's success. That was his team continuing to do what he coached them to do, and that's win. 

I believe some of you hate XCWT because his team earned the right to be compared to XCJL's team of legend. You also feel slighted because he left us for greener pastures. XCWT  did everything he was supposed to do. Got us back in the national rankings, changed the culture, and got us talent. You can't ask more of him than you did XCJL, who was fired and didn't leave on his own terms. He got us national rankings without being in a power conference. Xcwt got us talent without the allure of playing against the storied programs. He also has quite a bit of offensive talent that made it to the nfl. He did everything Levitt did without the added bonus of being the first coach. 

Some of you are way too bitter...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,039
  • Days Won:  38

9 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

believe some of you hate XCWT because his team earned the right to be compared to XCJL's team of legend.

No one hates Willie.  Lol that's dramatic.  He built the team up and cashed in before winning anything.  Good on him, but he's on his own now and he got paid.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

No one hates Willie.  Lol that's dramatic.  He built the team up and cashed in before winning anything.  Good on him, but he's on his own now and he got paid.

What overall tone do you pick up from puc86 if not hate lol? And I don't disagree with your stance that XCWT cashed out, but I say it's better than being fired. We got paid for him to leave the program better than he found it. His last two seasons were 8-5 and 10-2. I'd love to have either again to be honest. I'd especially enjoy having the hope and optimism that came with him being here. 

17 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I'd take XCWT back in a heartbeat. His energy, his recruiting, and the end results. He left the shelves stocked with talent. Y'all seem to forget that  he took over for Holtz, who left us with a losing culture and mindset. And the players on the team weren't anywhere near what we needed. 

His team's were exciting to watch, especially when he righted the ship. Can you imagine what he could do with Mcloud??? I even credit him for Strong's first year's success. That was his team continuing to do what he coached them to do, and that's win. 

I believe some of you hate XCWT because his team earned the right to be compared to XCJL's team of legend. You also feel slighted because he left us for greener pastures. XCWT  did everything he was supposed to do. Got us back in the national rankings, changed the culture, and got us talent. You can't ask more of him than you did XCJL, who was fired and didn't leave on his own terms. He got us national rankings without being in a power conference. Xcwt got us talent without the allure of playing against the storied programs. He also has quite a bit of offensive talent that made it to the nfl. He did everything Levitt did without the added bonus of being the first coach. 

Some of you are way too bitter...

It’s not hateful to say a losing record, zero bowl victories, no marquee victories and no sustained success are not typically trademarks of great coach. It also isn’t hateful to say that if he flames out at FSU his career trajectory will be a lot like CCS’ when he came here. 

Lets pretend you have a wife that you got as a fixer upper. For 2.5 years she basically doesn’t work and everyone tells you that you should get divorced but you stick by her. Then you groom her get her a make over or two, get her a job and she becomes by all measures a pretty good wife. A year later she then decides to leave you for another guy, a year later she leaves that guy for another guy and she now looks kind of like a methed out whore. Now even if you didn’t want to get divorced originally does that really require you to be a hater if you say thanks but no thanks when she wants to get back together because she was left for dead on the side of the road by her last husband? Did I mention she also has an overall losing record?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

... and that one in the middle was really just a one a night stand.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

What overall tone do you pick up from puc86 if not hate lol? And I don't disagree with your stance that XCWT cashed out, but I say it's better than being fired. We got paid for him to leave the program better than he found it. His last two seasons were 8-5 and 10-2. I'd love to have either again to be honest. I'd especially enjoy having the hope and optimism that came with him being here. 

I don’t hate him at all. I would have liked to have seen what he would have done if he had stayed and if it were up to me he would have. I am also able to recognize the many shortcomings of his coaching career, his coaching story is “nuanced”.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

CWT wasnt a dummie. It reminded me of Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow at UF. He knew Flowers was his savior and that was coming to an end. He didnt have Flowers 2.0 waiting in the wings and he did cash out. I cant blame him for that. He isnt the answer for long term success. He just went toe to toe with ULM and won in OT by one point. 

• Upvote 2