• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did anyone else leave on the ACC network?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

I guess I can go with your analogy. Our football program was a domestically abused spouse. She's a good woman, loyal,  but damaged physically, emotionally, and mentally. Xcwt was the good guy who didn't take things too fast and help build up our confidence and helped us to love again.

After we were back on our feet and doing well,  he realized that he wasn't the right one for us. We had a peaceful break up and both moved on. We liked our new mate but we are still hoping our old flame will realize the mistake he made in leaving us and ultimately pay for it a little. 

Oregon was in rough shape and he went 7-5... not a bad outing. Florida State is in rougher shape and he's 1-1. If he stops having 2nd half meltdowns,  they'll be pretty good this year. 

I don't know if you are intentionally forgetting how bad Holtz did us or not. We were absolutely horrible. Matt Floyd was our starting quarterback... If you build a career on putting out dumpster fires, your overall record won't be good. He showed steady improvement each year,  which is better than where we are currently.  Bowl games don't matter,  they're nice,  but they don't matter unless we're going to a premier bowl. And Xcwt didn't make the schedule... you don't get brownie points because you played in the Big East and had more opportunities to play storied programs. And you can't have sustained success if you're chasing bigger goals/dreams. He's in his 10th year of coaching and he's rebuilt 2 programs and working on his 3rd out of 4 schools.  Not a bad track record at all in my opinion. He's worked his butt off for everything he has, living the American dream at a young age. 

Also someone that only wants to be with you occasionally as long as nothing else better comes along but then would go back to you whenever it’s convenient and the well dries up sounds a lot more like an abusive person than a nice person.