• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this program damaged beyond repair?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

13 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

His sole role now is recruiting, developing young men, kicking players off team, last minute game suspensions, and getting transfers. 

Yeah, I mean, it's like he is Head Coach or something.  Weird.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Well, personally, I have been to every game but 1 1/2, every bowl game, been to another away game every year, what used to be green jacket donor, and have only left 2 games early. That's all the grit I've got. I am forever optimistic about the future. However, the team and the coaching that showed up on Friday SUCKED BALLS and I don't really give a crap what anybody else thinks of my opinion.

Just wait til next year... AGAIN.

That wasn't directed at you, just a general comment.  Probably shouldn't have quoted.  Random synapse firing, I guess.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

Well I ran some numbers.  Couldn't find game by game attendance for our history, but got season by season data on record and attendance.  I ran two correlations: one year total attendance vs. record, and one year's record vs. next year's total attendance.  Really not what I wanted but only data I have.

210192191_usfspreadsheet.JPG.b757f1a387da222f336fad9dc498b7f8.JPG

Although I wanted to see the effect of a win on a subsequent game's attendance, we can see if total record in a year correlates with that year's attendance and correlates with next year's total attendance.  The results indicate that: 1) there seems to be no to very little correlation between attendance in any year and the team's record that year  -0.16 (Speedbull, if that is what you meant, it looks like you are right),  2) same result between one year's record and the subsequent year's total attendance, 3) you can't do it this way, stupid.  There are too many variables and too little data.

I'm surprised that within a year there seems to be little correlation between our record and attendance.  That one, although counter-intuitive, is a pretty straightforward calculation.  The other correlation is basically useless without per game data.

Data Source

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

A quick look seems to me that Conference affiliation is telling.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

The points that I was trying to point out in my post we’re.

1. No that this won’t destroy our program because all programs go thru up and down cycles. Our biggest downturn was when we were relegated as the BE disappeared and we were left out of the current P5 BS.

2. We have major issues with support both in fans coming to games and donations. That has been going on for a long time and certainly won’t be helped by the current situation.

3. Support for athletics and football has always been a crapshoot by our university leaders and community. Is like they want the program but really are not all in on doing what it takes to move forward. Things like the IPF should have broken ground already but our school as a whole has been too cautiously in making any athletic moves. We might hate UCF but their leadership has moved forward in doing what it takes to succeed even if sometimes it has been reckless we on the other hand are completely in the other spectrum. We need to move more to a middle ground.

as I said it will be interesting to see how the new President @nd AD react to this.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

My biggest takeaway is 6 years in purgatory.

Guest Jonesy Bull

NO.  Dont mean to be disrespectful, but this is an over reaction type of thread.

We could be if we were a Vanderbilt trying to compete in the SEC but we are in the American.  Things change if u have rigjt coaches and players in place and the right culture.

It can take some time to get these 3 things to mesh.  

The media will follow once you give them a reason.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Kelly mentioned in the BayNews9 interview that is has been a record setting year in fundraising, so there's that....and that's after the crap finish last year. Doesn't sound like a program that's damaged beyond repair to me. Just taking it week by week. That loss, in that fashion, on that stage, was damaging, but on to GT. Things will look a lot different if we manage a W there. If Charlie doesn't get it turned around, I have confidence that Kelly will get the right guy in place. 

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/sports/2019/08/29/spectrum-sports-360--1-on-1-with-usf-ad-michael-kelly

• Upvote 1