• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this program damaged beyond repair?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

37 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

It was a horrible performance no doubt. But the title of this thread is overreacting. The facts are that programs will rise and fall and nothing remains constant. But of course fans act like is the end of the world. I have my doubts on whether String is the guy to win here, but I also think this school, community and alumni need to step up if we really want to win consistently..

1. That IPF needs to start to be build now. As proof that we are willing to step up

2. Attendance is still an issue and Friday was another example of that.

3. Mediocrity should not be tolerated. After 7 losses in a row String should be in the hot seat.

"Hey fans! Come on out to RayJay and watch my offense that can't cross the 50 yd line and my defense that still doesn't know how to tackle." CCS

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Let's see how these next few games play out.  No other team on schedule is as strong and good as Wisconsin.

UCF maybe is the next best isnt built like Wisconsin at all.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

15 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

"Hey fans! Come on out to RayJay and watch my offense that can't cross the 50 yd line and my defense that still doesn't know how to tackle." CCS

Once again as I stated earlier attendance is NOT a new problem here. So to act like losing is the only problem is just ignoring the facts.

yes winning helps build attendance but this has been a problem even when winning.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Once again as I stated earlier attendance is NOT a new problem here. So to act like losing is the only problem is just ignoring the facts.

yes winning helps build attendance but this has been a problem even when winning.

My point is, as I have stated on many occasions, is that EVERY TIME there's an opportunity to put on a good show in front of a National audience USF does what they did Friday night. They didn't have to win this game, but that pile of crap they laid out there turned off any chance at enticing anyone new to the game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

My point is, as I have stated on many occasions, is that EVERY TIME there's an opportunity to put on a good show in front of a National audience USF does what they did Friday night. They didn't have to win this game, but that pile of crap they laid out there turned off any chance at enticing anyone new to the game.

Agreed.  This is really bad and it happens each time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,345
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Yup.  Some things in life appear to be a constant.  It set us back.  But, as fans, if we demand heart and grit from our players, then we might want to show some, too. I try to take the long view, but I usually step right in it because I was looking down the road.😁

34 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Hmm...I have been looking for data on this.  I can't find a chart with the W/L by game and attendance by game.  I'd like to run a correlation of attendance following a W.  Anyone know where this data is?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

13 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Hmm...I have been looking for data on this.  I can't find a chart with the W/L by game and attendance by game.  I'd like to run a correlation of attendance following a W.  Anyone know where this data is?

Wiki has the attendance for a particular usf season and games if you look up. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

Just now, Bulls On Parade said:

Wiki has the attendance for a particular usf season if you look up. 

Thanks.  I'll go mine it but was hoping for a couple of historical charts to combine.  Got my project for the morning!

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

It was a horrible performance no doubt. But the title of this thread is overreacting. The facts are that programs will rise and fall and nothing remains constant. But of course fans act like is the end of the world. I have my doubts on whether String is the guy to win here, but I also think this school, community and alumni need to step up if we really want to win consistently..

1. That IPF needs to start to be build now. As proof that we are willing to step up

2. Attendance is still an issue and Friday was another example of that.

3. Mediocrity should not be tolerated. After 7 losses in a row String should be in the hot seat.

You say the title is over-reacting but you go on to make several posts that support the idea that it’s a legitimate question.

I am not saying that it IS damaged beyond repair. I was looking for opinions and I think it’s been a good discussion.

That said, our issues run very deep. Not the least of which is lack fan support and local interest which seems to be at an all time low. This is in a town that has an NFL franchise and two other major league sports franchises.

USF doesn’t have the luxury of continuous failures when trying to establish a brand and a loyal following. I want nothing more than to have USF Football to matter. But every year that the product looks like this, the further away from relevance we get.

I don’t envy our AD...very challenging situation he’s in. I hope he can figure it out. It’s going to take a lot.