• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

The ONLY thing that will get the fans back is playing in a P5 conference.  Nobody wants to see Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, etc.  nothing against those type schools it’s just the reality.  

100 percent accurate, the fans in Tulsa and Dallas don’t want to see them either.  There are more people that go to a local high school game here than went to either USF vs. Tulsa and USF vs. SMU over the past two years.  The stadiums are old, the few fans are apathetic.  I told my wife we are going to the Texas game next year and the Bama and Florida games in the future.  Having traveled with me to many road games in the past, she then stated, I did not know USF was in the same league as them.  I did not have a comeback.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

It really is amazing that Tulsa has been able to do what they have in the past considering how small they are.  They are as small as some FL high schools.  

Yep, I went to Brandon high back in the day and we had as many students as Tulsa with only 3300 students.  The Stadium  is ancient, kind of cool peeing in the troughs, felt like I was in an episode of Mad Men. Old private school with plenty of oil money, can still attract players from Dallas, OKC, local, Houston and San Antonio/Austin that the bigs ignore.  There university has more of a sunbelt feel, but they do get more out of less than most.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I think we can bring back fans in spite of the conference.  No disagreement that getting out of the AAC is of paramount importance.  But, I do believe fixing what you can - the non-con schedule is a step towards pulling many back.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

How many Mega rich do we really have?  Zimmerman is the only Billionaire I am aware of.  I know about 4 that are worth in the $100 to $300 million range. below that it's hard to get a $20 million dollar check athletics we need

Good point. I don’t really know what is in Tampa in terms of whales. That being said, perhaps those that in the middle of well of and mega rich will step up. I am sure Lelo has a plan...just hope it is attainable as I don’t see conference movement taking place in 6 years.

22 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yep, I went to Brandon high back in the day and we had as many students as Tulsa with only 3300 students.  The Stadium  is ancient, kind of cool peeing in the troughs, felt like I was in an episode of Mad Men. Old private school with plenty of oil money, can still attract players from Dallas, OKC, local, Houston and San Antonio/Austin that the bigs ignore.  There university has more of a sunbelt feel, but they do get more out of less than most.

I would get pee fright in that set up...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think we can bring back fans in spite of the conference.  No disagreement that getting out of the AAC is of paramount importance.  But, I do believe fixing what you can - the non-con schedule is a step towards pulling many back.  

This! Win a few of these games and we will get an attendance bump. Even better, get the AAC Championship game at home...sorry Puc...

I would agree we can bring back fans and what Kelly has done recently is fantastic and will help tremendously.  I am by no means throwing in the towel however to get back to a 2007 type season while regulated to purgatory in the G5 is unlikely.  The difference in money will make it more and more difficult as each year passes.  We need a conference championship and a BCS bowl badly, if we can do this it will go a long way in getting butts back in the seats.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

How many Mega rich do we really have?  Zimmerman is the only Billionaire I am aware of.  I know about 4 that are worth in the $100 to $300 million range. below that it's hard to get a $20 million dollar check athletics we need

In this area that donate to USF we have the Morsanis, Patels and Mumas.  May be some others in the area.  Even if you have $100 million are you going to donate 25% of that for in IPF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We need a conference championship and a BCS bowl badly, if we can do this it will go a long way in getting butts back in the seats.

You might be overestimating the cache of an AAC championship.  Most casual fans don't even know what conference we are in.

• Upvote 2

I can’t argue, maybe it would go a long way in satisfying me, I don’t think we have won a conference championship in FB or hoops since the 89-90 sunbelt conference championship with Hakim Shahid, too Effing long.