• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Takes on the next USF President?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

These all sound like solid applicants to me.

We are now a preeminent school so we should draw in pretty good talent i would think.

I think some people have the same warped mentality for a school president as they do with an athletic coach. The reality is, we're not getting applicants who already have a better job than president of USF. We're getting lower level administrators and people from outside the profession that may or may not be able to handle the promotion. Just like Genshaft was.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Any come from an AAU background? Since this is our next step it would seem pretty important 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Any come from an AAU background? Since this is our next step it would seem pretty important 

Rutgers provost.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

25 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Rutgers provost.

Not only that but she actually interfaced with the AAU as part of her job per CV

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Vitter checks a lot of the boxes laid out in the qualifications document: https://www.usf.edu/system/documents/board/presidential-search-committee/qualifications.pdf

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Rutgers provost.

Thanks...that has to be in the discussion. 

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Vitter stepped down from his role as chancellor at Ole Miss in January which was announced in November. He was contracted to serve in that role through June 2020. The search committee met for the first time in mid-October.

After years of experience in jumping to conclusions on hiring in the athletics world, I'm ready to take a stab at the academic side of things. I'm thinking Vitter's been in contact with the search firm USF is using since the start and is currently going through the interview formalities required by the state to become our next president.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,470
  • Days Won:  13

No one on that list is really under consideration.

USF has hired an outside firm to handle this... that firm can talk to anyone without worrying about Florida's Sunshine Law... people who move around at that level of academia do NOT want their current job to know of their interest in USF.

When the outside firm provides a final list of options to the Board of Trustees, then we will hear about them.  In fact, their 'application' (which is required for Florida) will not appear until after they have at least been put forward if not selected.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

55 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

No one on that list is really under consideration.

USF has hired an outside firm to handle this... that firm can talk to anyone without worrying about Florida's Sunshine Law... people who move around at that level of academia do NOT want their current job to know of their interest in USF.

When the outside firm provides a final list of options to the Board of Trustees, then we will hear about them.  In fact, their 'application' (which is required for Florida) will not appear until after they have at least been put forward if not selected.

News reports are that a decision is expected next week. The search firm is asking for public applications now since there will be public interviews.