• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Kerwin Bell As OC Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I think some threads were merged.  It confused me.

me as well.

i was actually reading the thread as it was merged.

i think Admin likes to merge everything on a certain topic into an aggregate one topic "superthread." so u have a general thread from a week ago about Kerwin as OC merged with a thread from yesterday about Kerwin on campus.

confused the crap out if me when a thread I was reading with 3 pages suddenly had 12.

i think maybe renaming the new merged thread "The Kerwin Thread" might have helped to avoid confusion, altho it makes it more difficult to find updates specifically about Kerwin's visit when they're mixed in with more general comments from another thread.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

19 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I would point out though, that Gilbert put up very good numbers in his previous stops. Agree with you on Strong though. He needs to be 100% hands-off.

I would counter that by taking a closer look at Gilbert's teams' numbers. 

2016 - Texas - 1st 5 Games - 41 ppg, Next 7 games - 25.43 ppg

2015 Tulsa - Was a co-offensive coordinator (Mike Mattox) with a very offensive minded head coach (Philip Montgomery) - No drop off, but I was unable to find who was actively calling the plays. I have to believe Montgomery played a large role in developing that offensive scheme. 

2014 Bowling Green - 1st 7 games - 36.43 ppg, Next 6 games - 22 ppg. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

2015 Tulsa - Was a co-offensive coordinator (Mike Mattox) with a very offensive minded head coach (Philip Montgomery) - No drop off, but I was unable to find who was actively calling the plays. I have to believe Montgomery played a large role in developing that offensive scheme. 

I agree. There is really no difference in CSG’s offensives pre and post working with Strong aside from the very probable impact of Montgomery. Who had a prominent role in those high powered Baylor offenses. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The level of competition here is a little different in Gilbert's previous stops (and here) than Valdosta State normally faces. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Bell on the sidelines than Gilbert, but if the OL hasn't improved dramatically by the start of 2019, we will still struggle on that side of the ball. Bell's offense doesn't appear to be one where the ball is quickly out of the QB's hand. It looks a lot like Gilbert's in some ways. BB was pressured an awful lot because the plays took too much time to develop for a team with a below average OL. Hopefully Bell can adapt if this is still the case, because Gilbert sure didn't.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The level of competition here is a little different in Gilbert's previous stops (and here) than Valdosta State normally faces. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Bell on the sidelines than Gilbert, but if the OL hasn't improved dramatically by the start of 2019, we will still struggle on that side of the ball. Bell's offense doesn't appear to be one where the ball is quickly out of the QB's hand. It looks a lot like Gilbert's in some ways. BB was pressured an awful lot because the plays took too much time to develop for a team with a below average OL. Hopefully Bell can adapt if this is still the case, because Gilbert sure didn't.

As a whole I agree, but D2 is filled with guys that couldn’t make it grade wise at a school like USF or were really good but had to play behind someone better. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,694
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

me as well.

i was actually reading the thread as it was merged.

i think Admin likes to merge everything on a certain topic into an aggregate one topic "superthread." so u have a general thread from a week ago about Kerwin as OC merged with a thread from yesterday about Kerwin on campus.

confused the crap out if me when a thread I was reading with 3 pages suddenly had 12.

i think maybe renaming the new merged thread "The Kerwin Thread" might have helped to avoid confusion, altho it makes it more difficult to find updates specifically about Kerwin's visit when they're mixed in with more general comments from another thread.

Yeah, that was my bad. Probably should have kept the original thread title but I liked your current suggestion and executed .... Bottom line, though, is there was no need to start a new thread on him. Just should have been added to the original Kerwin Bell OC thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

image.png.c0cd2d5253322176a10aba276bc27cee.png

Come on maaaan, sign the contract already! :)

IIRC I was told last night that there are others being interviewed.  No names were mentioned to me.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

54 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The last couple sentences really say everything for me.  Can he develop an OL and QB?  Will he make the adjustments for the shortcomings of OL and QB when the time comes (thatbtime always comes here)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, that was my bad. Probably should have kept the original thread title but I liked your current suggestion and executed .... Bottom line, though, is there was no need to start a new thread on him. Just should have been added to the original Kerwin Bell OC thread.

Stop ruining my threads, bro!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,694
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Stop ruining my threads, bro!!!!

You got credited for starting a 23, so far, pager ........... you're welcome!

• Me no likey 1