Jump to content
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

    It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Houston OC Resigns....


Recommended Posts


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,695
  • Content Count:  6,887
  • Reputation:   98
  • Days Won:  0
  • Joined:  11/01/2002

Kendall Briles to FSU Seminoles. Willie Taggert is recruiting. Wow, that is an offensive coordinator!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

Looks like their head coach “may” get fired too...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Content Count:  5,160
  • Reputation:   253
  • Days Won:  2
  • Joined:  10/09/2007

How the **** did Army drop 70 on them??? Jesus Christ!!!

thats not an OC issue & it's not an Ed Oliver issue.

they got embarrassed worse than we did. AAC not looking good right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,116
  • Reputation:   989
  • Days Won:  8
  • Joined:  06/24/2007

3 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

How the **** did Army drop 70 on them??? Jesus Christ!!!

thats not an OC issue & it's not an Ed Oliver issue.

they got embarrassed worse than we did. AAC not looking good right now.

That was a different Houston Team once D’Eriq King got hurt 

Does not excuse giving up 70 pts, but when King was QB, Houston certainly was winning games based on his offense

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Content Count:  5,160
  • Reputation:   253
  • Days Won:  2
  • Joined:  10/09/2007

Just now, bowman1 said:

That was a different Houston Team once D’Eriq King got hurt 

Does not excuse giving up 70 pts, but when King was QB, Houston certainly was winning games based on his offense

I get that. their best offensive & defensive players were out.

but that doesn't explain 70 points. That's a video game score.

theyve been without both of those guys for a significant part of the season & have won games without them...

lim not saying they should have won, or that it should have even necessarily been a close game... but 70 points??? Losing by 8 touchdowns??

come on...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  142
  • Content Count:  5,160
  • Reputation:   253
  • Days Won:  2
  • Joined:  10/09/2007

11 hours ago, TyBull said:

Kendall Briles to FSU Seminoles. Willie Taggert is recruiting. Wow, that is an offensive coordinator!

I still hope xCWT loses every game next season. 

nothing personal but... Yeah. I hope he crashes & burns at FSU.

in a way I feel Willie could have been the guy to embrace this program. young guy from Bradenton-Manatee just 40 minutes (30 if traffic is good) from campus that won us 11 games, our best season in terms of W/L. it took him a couple years, but he turned this program around after the Holtz New Error.

i know getting young up-&-coming coaches like him to stay at a G5 school like USF is next to impossible, but he could have embraced the role & been the natural successor to CJL.

i don't fault him for his ambition, doing what was in his best interests financially & coaching a legacy school like FSU... It's a Florida kid's dream job. 

but chances are he won't win a chip there & won't ever fill Bowden or even Fisher's shoes, whereas he could have done something special in Tampa.

oh well! 

  • ???? 1
  • Me no likey 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,976
  • Reputation:   1,712
  • Days Won:  20
  • Joined:  09/02/2014

27 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

How the **** did Army drop 70 on them??? Jesus Christ!!!

thats not an OC issue & it's not an Ed Oliver issue.

they got embarrassed worse than we did. AAC not looking good right now.

11-2 Army team, that has been kicking butt the last 2 years. They spanked a P5 team last year in their bowl game. They should have been ranked

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,976
  • Reputation:   1,712
  • Days Won:  20
  • Joined:  09/02/2014

10 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

I still hope xCWT loses every game next season. 

nothing personal but... Yeah. I hope he crashes & burns at FSU.

in a way I feel Willie could have been the guy to embrace this program. young guy from Bradenton-Manatee just 40 minutes (30 if traffic is good) from campus that won us 11 games, our best season in terms of W/L. it took him a couple years, but he turned this program around after the Holtz New Error.

i know getting young up-&-coming coaches like him to stay at a G5 school like USF is next to impossible, but he could have embraced the role & been the natural successor to CJL.

i don't fault him for his ambition, doing what was in his best interests financially & coaching a legacy school like FSU... It's a Florida kid's dream job. 

but chances are he won't win a chip there & won't ever fill Bowden or even Fisher's shoes, whereas he could have done something special in Tampa.

oh well! 

Player hater 🙂 You are a proud one too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...