• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Houston OC Resigns....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Lucky for me he had hired CJL there helping me to not be a hater, that and he was 3k miles away.

It's always about you, isn't it .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

It's always about you, isn't it .....

Yes

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t recall saying he was a bad coach...just his personality was a bit of BS. But keep your hard on it looks great...

couldn't care less what his personality is if he wins football games. I don't pay thousands for season tickets to watch his personality

how is this coaching upgrade working out for you? I believe you led the charge claiming strong was an upgrade

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

couldn't care less what his personality is if he wins football games. I don't pay thousands for season tickets to watch his personality

how is this coaching upgrade working out for you? I believe you led the charge claiming strong was an upgrade

First, I can already tell from your posts that integrity and following rules/laws mean little to you (sure let them smoke weed) as long as we win. Personally I don’t look up to a coach who says he has it better than anyone and then the next week takes a job in 1200 miles away. Hell let’s hire Rick Pento and Art Briles...**** some women, get some hoes and win some games...nah not for me. In terms of supporting the hiring of CCS you may want to take a hard look at the other 99% on the board who did the same before coming directly at me with that crap. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, TyBull said:

Kendall Briles to FSU Seminoles. Willie Taggert is recruiting. Wow, that is an offensive coordinator!

So the Gulf Coast Offense (lethal simplicity) is dead at FSU too and they’ll be running the Baylor offense. Wow must be humbling for Taggart!

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

First, I can already tell from your posts that integrity and following rules/laws mean little to you (sure let them smoke weed) as long as we win. Personally I don’t look up to a coach who says he has it better than anyone and then the next week takes a job in 1200 miles away. Hell let’s hire Rick Pento and Art Briles...**** some women, get some hoes and win some games...nah not for me. In terms of supporting the hiring of CCS you better take a hard look at the other 99% on the board who did the same before coming at me with that crap. 

we didn't hire a drill sergeant. we hired a football coach. his job is to win games.

there is an inbetween. you don't have to be a total scumbag but you don't have to be a ballbuster either

I thank Willie for resurrecting this program and am happy he left for a better job with more pay. I'd have done the same thing.

You were the one leading the charge.

I said from day 1 this was a terrible hire. He is doing exactly what he did at Texas.

we didn't need a culture change. I actually enjoyed winning and watching entertaining football.

UCF seemed to be able to sustain success but we needed a guy to come in here and tear this program down to rebuild....

Edited by Bull94

5 minutes ago, JB said:

So the Gulf Coast Offense (lethal simplicity) is dead at FSU too and they’ll be running the Baylor offense. Wow must be humbling for Taggart!

why is that humbling? Successful people learn and adapt.

failures find excuses and place blame

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we didn't hire a drill sergeant. we hired a football coach. his job is to win games.

there is an inbetween. you don't have to be a total scumbag but you don't have to be a ballbuster either

I thank Willie for resurrecting this program and am happy he left for a better job with more pay. I'd have done the same thing.

You were the one leading the charge.

I said from day 1 this was a terrible hire. He is doing exactly what he did at Texas.

we didn't need a culture change. I actually enjoyed winning and watching entertaining football.

UCF seemed to be able to sustain success but we needed a guy to come in here and tear this program down to rebuild....

Leading the charge? I don’t think so...almost everyone on this board supported this hire. Was it a bad hire? Yes. Put the blame on Harlin, not the fans. Harlin did not ask the right questions. In terms of football failure compared to ucf it is simple, their university decided from the president to the deans to the athletic director that they were going to make a significant investment. Our president decided to spend the money in upgrading academics (which she certainly did). Again, I respect Willie as a winning coach, just not his personality. 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Leading the charge? I don’t think so...almost everyone on this board supported this hire. Was it a bad hire? Yes. Put the blame on Harlin, not the fans. Harlin did not ask the right questions. In terms of football failure compared to ucf it is simple, their university decided from the president to the deans to the athletic director that they were going to make a significant investment. Our president decided to spend the money in upgrading academics (which she certainly did). Again, I respect Willie as a winning coach, just not his personality. 

sorry but it wasn't the fact they have an IPF or OCS that has made them successful on the field.

we competed with them just fine 3 years ago when Taggart was here. In fact we beat them 2 years in a row including a 44-3 beat down.

we made a terrible hire in replacing him. simple as that.

anyone who had any sense could see what a bad hire that was. he lost to freakin Kansas in his 3rd year at the richest football school in the country.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,215
  • Days Won:  422

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sorry but it wasn't the fact they have an IPF or OCS that has made them successful on the field.

we competed with them just fine 3 years ago when Taggart was here. In fact we beat them 2 years in a row including a 44-3 beat down. 

We also lost to them CWT's first 2 years, including an embarrassing shut out. Things go in cycles most of the time. This next year will tell, to the more rational folks, whether CCS was a bad hire or not.