• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston OC Resigns....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

22 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

And a dirtbag

It's ok to like White Women.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not a fan of Willie...a little too “car salesman” slimy for my taste, but I suspect FSU will rebound next year. That being said I never follow the other Florida schools since I don’t live down there. Hell I probably know more about Dartmouth football than FSU. 

I think CWT hiring Briles shows he learned from his time here that he needs help in certain areas and for all his slimy car salesman persona he is enough of a person to put ego aside and get that help. I'm afraid he probably will succeed at FSU by getting that kind of help.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

If you were pretty much ambivalent about him at Oregon, not caring how he did there, that statement should hold water ...

not that USF is stealing top recruits from FSU, but I'm one of those absolutely crazy, spiteful "player haters" that doesn't believe the success of other in-state programs is good for our program. even with our lowly, 7-6, G5 status there are still going to be the occasional decent 3-star recruits that would rather have a shot at starting for us over riding the pine deep down the depth chart in Tallahassee (or Gainesville or Coral Gables).

im sure Willie pulled Florida recruits while at Oregon, but it's not the same as competing with other programs in our back yard. I had no animus toward xCWT while at Oregon & would have gladly cheered him on in Pac-12 play. & of course, as mentioned, he did hire CJL so there's that. Although I would have loved to see him stay in Tampa...

which brings up the obvious stupidity of the "hate" accusations. that entire post was about how much I wished xCWT had stayed. I liked the guy. he went to my high school. it's the epitome of dumbshitardedness to accuse someone of "hating" based on a post that was essentially a lament over his leaving.

but reason & logic are often in short order on Internet forums. itiswhatitis.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

15 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I think CWT hiring Briles shows he learned from his time here that he needs help in certain areas and for all his slimy car salesman persona he is enough of a person to put ego aside and get that help. I'm afraid he probably will succeed at FSU by getting that kind of help.

The crazy part is that Briles may need a few years to shake off the Baylor scandal  So he might ride out at FSU at least 2-3 years. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Here's the good news.  If he is okay to hire at another Florida state school, he'll be okay for us to hire to replace CCS.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

On 12/23/2018 at 10:07 AM, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

there are plenty reasons to not want him to succeed at FSU, none involving hate

On 12/23/2018 at 11:02 AM, Triple B said:

If you were pretty much ambivalent about him at Oregon, not caring how he did there, that statement should hold water ...

11 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

not that USF is stealing top recruits from FSU, but I'm one of those absolutely crazy, spiteful "player haters" that doesn't believe the success of other in-state programs is good for our program. even with our lowly, 7-6, G5 status there are still going to be the occasional decent 3-star recruits that would rather have a shot at starting for us over riding the pine deep down the depth chart in Tallahassee (or Gainesville or Coral Gables).

im sure Willie pulled Florida recruits while at Oregon, but it's not the same as competing with other programs in our back yard. I had no animus toward xCWT while at Oregon & would have gladly cheered him on in Pac-12 play. & of course, as mentioned, he did hire CJL so there's that. Although I would have loved to see him stay in Tampa...

which brings up the obvious stupidity of the "hate" accusations. that entire post was about how much I wished xCWT had stayed. I liked the guy. he went to my high school. it's the epitome of dumbshitardedness to accuse someone of "hating" based on a post that was essentially a lament over his leaving.

but reason & logic are often in short order on Internet forums. itiswhatitis.

This is pretty much why you're not in that "hater" category, of which there are the butt hurt many in here about him leaving and going to Oregon. I understand fully what you mean about the success of all the other in-state programs but I grew up an FSU fan and really appreciate what CWT did here. So while I'm not breaking out my stored away FSU gear, I am pulling for him there ..... obviously except if we ever play them again.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The crazy part is that Briles may need a few years to shake off the Baylor scandal  So he might ride out at FSU at least 2-3 years. 

Good point. Will be interesting to see how he does there. He has been excellent at his previous three stops

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/23/2018 at 6:46 AM, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

"Player hater" ?

do people still say this?

youre either 12 or 60.

no respectable adult refers to someone as a "player hater" unless they're too young to know better or so old they forgot to know better. Lol.

60 is the new 40

• Haha 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

On December 24, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Triple B said:

This is pretty much why you're not in that "hater" category, of which there are the butt hurt many in here about him leaving and going to Oregon. I understand fully what you mean about the success of all the other in-state programs but I grew up an FSU fan and really appreciate what CWT did here. So while I'm not breaking out my stored away FSU gear, I am pulling for him there ..... obviously except if we ever play them again.

perfectly reasonable take.

i guess some people just like to make themselves look magnanimous by accusing others of "hatred."

i loved what Willie did here. I wish he would have stayed. he is a Bay Area guy, young, with the personality to relate to young athletes & get them excited to play.

do I want FSU to succeed? no. i don't see it as beneficial to our program, & YES, part of me has that little twinge inside that wishes he would realize the potential of what he could have done here in Tampa.

but none of that is a "hate" thing. "hate" is a personal thing, not a football thing. 

cheers!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

i guess some people just like to make themselves look magnanimous by accusing others of "hatred."

Now, I've got no problem throwing the "hater" tag out there if I think it fits, will even steal Coach Dozer's awesome avatar at times, but this definitely wasn't the case ....