• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sooo next season...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8-4, we get better in all areas with new coordinators but the schedule difficulty will be tough to overcome 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Next season, we start the season at 0-0.  Beyond that, I have no idea.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

He was with Dino Babers and was OC only in name as Babers was calling the plays. Babers has turned Cuse into a respectable program Gilbert has turned a promising offense into an albatross for this team. 

Even if Babers was calling plays he saw how to run offense and call plays.

Either he is really dumb or Strong has a leash on Gilbert. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Even if Babers was calling plays he saw how to run offense and call plays.

Either he is really dumb or Strong has a leash on Gilbert. 

Probably both are true with Gilbert. Strong doesn’t like fast offenses cause it puts the defense on the field too quickly but so do 3 and outs

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

Probably both are true with Gilbert. Strong doesn’t like fast offenses cause it puts the defense on the field too quickly but so do 3 and outs

I can't wrap my head around the coaching relationship they have.  At some point, if the offense is being throttled back and not working, doesn't Strong say step on the gas?    Defense is not stopping anyone, what do you have to lose by scoring too fast?  I think it's wishful thinking that we have this offensive juggernaut that is being handcuffed.  They are both mediocre coaches who need a P5 talented team to make them look good.  When they actually have to coach, it all goes down the drain.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

Next season we ball out. Im going for a 10 win season with Shaun King calling the plays. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I can't wrap my head around the coaching relationship they have.  At some point, if the offense is being throttled back and not working, doesn't Strong say step on the gas?    Defense is not stopping anyone, what do you have to lose by scoring too fast?  I think it's wishful thinking that we have this offensive juggernaut that is being handcuffed.  They are both mediocre coaches who need a P5 talented team to make them look good.  When they actually have to coach, it all goes down the drain.

I believe gilbert and strong are stuck on an offense that worked 10 years ago but is obsolete today. Willie had the same philosophy until year 3 when he finally saw the light and changed to the offense that was putting up video game numbers. I don’t see what is so special about Gilbert as he has taken one of the most exciting  offenses and turned them into a bore fest. Charlie was given a gold mine last year and he ruined it. We were the most exciting team to watch now it’s almost unwatchable. Even if we change oc I truly believe nothing will change as Charlie will force the new oc to run an offense that milks the clock and doesn’t score quickly as he believes defense wins games which was true 10 years ago but doesn’t apply today as much. I’ve also wondered is Gilbert doesn’t have some incriminating videos or pictures of Charlie that could ruin Charlie’s image 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

16 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

they had a p5 talented team. in fact it was the most financially successful program in the country with it's own espn channel. they went 5-7 in strong's 3rd year with a loss to kansas for the first time since 1938

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

Even when we drive the field they were two minute drives so I really don’t understand the offensive philosophy.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

they had a p5 talented team. in fact it was the most financially successful program in the country with it's own espn channel. they went 5-7 in strong's 3rd year with a loss to kansas for the first time since 1938

I realize he coached at Texas and went down hill from there.  I was alluding to the fact that his wins have mainly been because of talented players and not his coaching ability.  Add a few injuries and the wheels fall off.