• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS.... I think has mailed it in

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not just that question but all of them. His answers make no **** sense. It makes it seem like the guy is not all there mentally. 

Someone made the comment about mailing it in... I think they're right.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, gibbsak said:

Someone made the comment about mailing it in... I think they're right.  

Maybe he's planning on going Postal on Friday...

Zing!

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

After the press conference maybe you can get rid of him citing "Dementia"  I believe that Will Healy from Austin Peay would be a great coach for USF. Young energetic guy that seems to like playing fast.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

We all have beef with the Gilbert offense, but in the end, he put up the same passing numbers and didn't have an NFL running back with him in the backfield and the defense did a better job of shutting him down by about a yard a carry. There really wasn't any more they could have done with him unless you wanted more throwing or more running.

I disagree.  They were unimaginative and repetitive on the kind of running plays that were called for him and also didn't use running plays that set up the QB keepers by making LB's honor action that counters off of the QB runs.   So yes he had around the same amount of carries but the kind of run plays called and the situations in which they were called often did Q no favors..... 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

12 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

This.  No issue at all with beef with Gilbert, but there is a ton of ancillary nonsense going around that is tough to tune out.

Flowers' year in Gilbert's offense being maligned is one of those things.

Same amount of carries =/= proper utilization.   The same stale and repetitive play calling was there last season it was all either read option or QB power when it came to Flowers.   The QB sweeps and counters that Flowers absolutely gashed teams on the season before were all but forgotten.  Don't even get me started on the lack of using Q's legs in the red zone or in short yardage.    Box scores don't tell the story about how Q was utilized it's why some of us spotted this play calling and it's issues less than halfway through last season.  The difference is Q was so **** special he could often make chicken salad out of the chicken **** Gilbert kept sending his way....   This also doesn't cover the lack of misdirection/counter plays off of the QB run to RB's that keep LB's honest instead of just fast flowing to the ball...  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Same amount of carries =/= proper utilization.   The same stale and repetitive play calling was there last season it was all either read option or QB power when it came to Flowers.   The QB sweeps and counters that Flowers absolutely gashed teams on the season before were all but forgotten.  Don't even get me started on the lack of using Q's legs in the red zone or in short yardage.    Box scores don't tell the story about how Q was utilized it's why some of us spotted this play calling and it's issues less than halfway through last season.  The difference is Q was so **** special he could often make chicken salad out of the chicken **** Gilbert kept sending his way....   This also doesn't cover the lack of misdirection/counter plays off of the QB run to RB's that keep LB's honest instead of just fast flowing to the ball...  

When you have a dual threat QB, you don’t line up and try and run power when you get in the red zone. Spread it out and make defenders make decisions in space. If option 1 or 2 isn’t there, take off. 

How Sterlin didn’t figure this out is beyond me 

Side note - where was the option that we ran against Temple last year? You choose to run it with Blake Barnett but not QF?? That play would’ve been perfect against Houston last year instead of pounding it at a top 10 NFL pick 

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

“You know it’s it’s, you gotta be willing to make that commitment and there’s a commitment that’s been made there and and we have the same thing here we just you know it’s it’s gotta be one where this is “ok this is what they’ve done” and that’s why they’re headed the way they’re headed. “

His hyperbole soup would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. Whatever success he has had in his coaching career can be attributed to timing. Nothing else. He is not a motivator, he's not a leader and he's a terrible communicator. It was a no-baggage hire. Period.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, ahoyboy said:

His hyperbole soup would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. Whatever success he has had in his coaching career can be attributed to timing. Nothing else. He is not a motivator, he's not a leader and he's a terrible communicator. It was a no-baggage hire. Period.

No baggage. Low salary and we did want to shore up weak defense.

But there was a cost. He may win next year, if there is one for him, but he's going to win in a fashion that doesn't fill the stands.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, IBulleve said:

When you have a dual threat QB, you don’t line up and try and run power when you get in the red zone. Spread it out and make defenders make decisions in space. If option 1 or 2 isn’t there, take off. 

How Sterlin didn’t figure this out is beyond me

I think it's pretty well-documented how he didn't figure it out.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, ahoyboy said:

THIS!!!