• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wilcox 2019 draft?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t know Wilcox has anything more to prove.  Maybe he doesn’t get the draft position he wants but like Mack he may be gone after this year even if it’s 4th or 5th round. What say you?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

10 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I don’t know Wilcox has anything more to prove.  Maybe he doesn’t get the draft position he wants but like Mack he may be gone after this year even if it’s 4th or 5th round. What say you?

I guess that depends on whether or not he can increase his draft stock, taking into account the chance for injuries.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

On one hand he might want to stay since he was injured this year and didnt have a full season.

On the otherhand, he might want to jump, especially if he has to play in this bull**** ass system that only utilizes him as a safety valve (the previous offensive scheme proved that TE's can be soo much more and would better highlight his skillset).

He also might just want to go get paid instead of getting beat to **** and then being told that he's not "executing" well enough....yeah I'm throwing CCS hate into this chat too...sue me. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If i were him, I'd probably wait until I find out who the OC is going to be next year. If it's Gilbert, there's a pretty low likelihood he's going to be able to do anything more as a senior that would improve his draft stock. When the season is over, he's going be in the neighborhood of 750 yards and 4 TDs. How much higher can the statistical ceiling be for a TE (or any WR) at USF? He's going to have one of our top 5 best receiving seasons in school history once the dust settles on the season.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

If i were him, I'd probably wait until I find out who the OC is going to be next year. If it's Gilbert, there's a pretty low likelihood he's going to be able to do anything more as a senior that would improve his draft stock. When the season is over, he's going be in the neighborhood of 750 yards and 4 TDs. How much higher can the statistical ceiling be for a TE (or any WR) at USF? He's going to have one of our top 5 best receiving seasons in school history once the dust settles on the season.

That thought scares me. He may need to work on his hands a bit, as many of our receivers seem to need. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

That thought scares me. He may need to work on his hands a bit, as many of our receivers seem to need. 

I was just about to type this. He has had quite a few drops. He has made up for it with quite a few exceptional catches as well. Whatever he decides I wish him the best. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

We can criticize Gilbert for a lot of things, but TE involvement this year isn't one of them. If Wilcox adds about 250 yards over the last 4 games, he'll have a top 5 season in yards AND catches by any receiver in program history. His statistical equivalent will be Andre Davis in 2013. But I definitely agree, the hands need work.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

33 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We can criticize Gilbert for a lot of things, but TE involvement this year isn't one of them. If Wilcox adds about 250 yards over the last 4 games, he'll have a top 5 season in yards AND catches by any receiver in program history. His statistical equivalent will be Andre Davis in 2013. But I definitely agree, the hands need work.

Agreed. Wilcox has been a huge part of the offense this year and he’s been utilized quite well. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah, TE usage this season is not a legitimate beef against Gilbert.  I would have liked to see more of Wilcox stretching the field vertically at times but that's a bit nit picky on my part.   

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Let's see.  We had the Barnett going pro after one year thread and then he came back to earth.  We had the Cronkrite going pro thread and he took a back seat to Ford.  Now we have the Wilcox going pro thread.  Can he break the curse?