• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something to Ponder

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Why give Jean a pass?  This is a bad defense of epic proportions

Only reason why I would is some things were maybe out of his control the injuries on defense and lack of depth at LB.

But the lack of just basic good tackling has me concerned.....I for sure wouldn't lose any sleep if Jean was fired also.   

I dont understand Strong was a really good DC at Florida how is this defense so bad. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Only reason why I would is some things were maybe out of his control the injuries on defense and lack of depth at LB.

But the lack of just basic good tackling has me concerned.....I for sure wouldn't lose any sleep if Jean was fired also.   

I dont understand Strong was a really good DC at Florida how is this defense so bad. 

He's a defensive-minded HC, but that doesn't mean he's making all the rules for the D. We were exposed at Houston, so everyone now knows how to beat us--credit Tulane for having a great game plan to exploit us to the max. DIScredit us for not figuring better ways to plug the holes, and for giving up even before the half.

What looked like a very mentally strong group through the first 5 or 6 games now looks like a group therapy candidate. Clearly now storming for an identity at the worst time in the season...but we'll still get a bowl.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

Nearly everyone on this board wanted xCWT fired after his second season and now he's a legend by many on here.

Ive been saying this 4 the past 2 years. I just dont get how hard they defend CJL and crap on CWT and CCS. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Why give Jean a pass?  This is a bad defense of epic proportions

They still held us down when we had slow starts on offense. We avg 2-3 turnovers a game and a bunch of quick 3 and outs. The defense will get better next year. waaay to many young players got experience. Plus they seem to avg a 10-20 weight gain. Our D-Line should be physically ready next year

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They still held us down when we had slow starts on offense. We avg 2-3 turnovers a game and a bunch of quick 3 and outs. The defense will get better next year. waaay to many young players got experience. Plus they seem to avg a 10-20 weight gain. Our D-Line should be physically ready next year

Did you not read at the beginning of the season that Strong wanted them lighter? It’s the reason Kegler and pinkney aren’t over 300. Nico went from 240 to 220. 

41 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

CJL built this program with little funds and poorly paid assistants.  we played against teams with wining records and actually won.  Many on this board felt that teams like Memphis and ECU were not worthy competition and now we struggle to keep up with them,  I don't know about you but I didn't leave games we won feeling like a loss- ECU and UConn as well as Tulsa.  .  CJL put his heart and soul into this team which is not something anyone can say about any of the coaches since.

6 years in a p5 conference. And didnt even leave Skip Holtz a full cupboard of p5 players. Yet some of you make excuses after excuses 4 him and swear he didnt UNDERACHIEVE either. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

CJL built this program with little funds and poorly paid assistants.  we played against teams with wining records and actually won.  Many on this board felt that teams like Memphis and ECU were not worthy competition and now we struggle to keep up with them,  I don't know about you but I didn't leave games we won feeling like a loss- ECU and UConn as well as Tulsa.  .  CJL put his heart and soul into this team which is not something anyone can say about any of the coaches since.

Tough to compare the CFB landscape of yesterday today. There has been too much movement. Today’s Memphis was yesterday’s Pittsburgh in terms of quality. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

I think a lot of people that simply look at records not discerning the age of the program or the level of the conference competition* miss out on the enthusiasm that others shared along with thousands of more people in the seats.  Optimism was mostly high.  There was a noisy, affluent crowd that thought CJL had plateaued - time to end his stay.  Big mistake.  That sword to the beast has left it lying and bleeding, still.

In a smaller conference with less competition we’re paying coaches far more to beat up on the unskilled (except they beat us yesterday).  We’re chasing undefeated records against a bunch of boobs, so we can get a conference crown!!!  YAY!   But we can’t even beat the boobs.  

At least I said boobs twice.

*These are the same idiots, like UCFers, that think if you beat up the wretched refuse of the AAC, it’s the same as a P5 slate.  It is not.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think a lot of people that simply look at records not discerning the age of the program or the level of the conference competition* miss out on the enthusiasm that others shared along with thousands of more people in the seats.  Optimism was mostly high.  There was a noisy, affluent crowd that thought CJL had plateaued - time to end his stay.  Big mistake.  That sword to the beast has left it lying and bleeding, still.

In a smaller conference with less competition we’re paying coaches far more to beat up on the unskilled (except they beat us yesterday).  We’re chasing undefeated records against a bunch of boobs, so we can get a conference crown!!!  YAY!   But we can’t even beat the boobs.  

At least I said boobs twice.

*These are the same idiots, like UCFers, that think if you beat up the wretched refuse of the AAC, it’s the same as a P5 slate.  It is not.  

Exactly. We are in a much worse conference yet still seeing the same or similar results record wise - which is the reason for the apathy and anger from the fans.

Personally (and I don’t think I’m alone here), getting left behind in the G5 was the bullet to the brain. Everything follows suit from there as being relegated to the minor leagues with no chance of ever playing for a national championship - plus a weak slate of competition (hurray, the AAC is the tallest midget) - has completely decimated this program.

Until we get out of this conference, this is the norm - which is really a shame for a program like ours that was knocking on the door of being a true known quantity in the world of CFB.

TL;DR...I miss the BEast and national relevancy.

• Upvote 2