• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need 2 stop being some sore freakin losers and support USF period!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

So are you're saying that USF is the worst 7-1 team in football? 

LOL, yep

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I think as fans we oftentimes lose sight of the nuts and bolts of a football coaching "job". 

In every industry, there are people who are insane innovators. They don't care what it takes, they just want to be the best. These people represent probably less than 5% of the workforce in that industry. More than likely less than that.  

College football  coaching is no different. Most coaches are going to "Work". They are punching a clock so to speak. Do they want to be successful? Sure. Do they want to do anything more than they were trained to do or planned on doing? No. 

Do they want to hire and fire the best coaches? Maybe. More often than not, they just work with those that they already know or are comfortable with working with. 

The entire system of College Football as it is currently set up is an incredible Con. I enjoy it for sure but it is just a way to make money. I don't believe Nick Saban or Urban Meyer are just way better coaches than say Mike Leach or Dana Holgorsen. Their Donors just pay more money to the players, their extended families and churches than the other institutions. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We are 7-1...what logic in you "realism' says we lose 3-4 of our last 5 games? F***** Cincinatti, Tulane, UCF and Temple.

Cinci  Almost lost to Ohio and SMU. They did lose to Temple

Temple - Lost to Villanova, Buffalo and Boston college. They have 3 losses! 

Tulane - I have respect for this team, but feel we can beat them. 

UCF - I can't lie, i feel we can beat them, but accepted that we may lose to them. 

I am not sure why  a 10 win season is so freakin far fetched here?  Even if we lose 2 our of the next four AAC games, we still have a chance for a 10 win season. 

We play in a conference with a lot of  💩 teams and we haven't really beaten any good teams.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

We play in a conference with a lot of  💩 teams and we haven't really beaten any good teams.

Maybe the players are about as motivated in playing these teams as we are in watching them...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

We spent almost a decade in the Big East a better conference and what do we have to show for it? We beat a few good teams, but still didnt win chit. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

I have heard it said on this board you do you and I will do me. I will continue to be passionate and will express my passion when I think the team is not playing to potential.  57 points should be a definite awakening by this staff.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

I think as fans we oftentimes lose sight of the nuts and bolts of a football coaching "job". 

In every industry, there are people who are insane innovators. They don't care what it takes, they just want to be the best. These people represent probably less than 5% of the workforce in that industry. More than likely less than that.  

College football  coaching is no different. Most coaches are going to "Work". They are punching a clock so to speak. Do they want to be successful? Sure. Do they want to do anything more than they were trained to do or planned on doing? No. 

Do they want to hire and fire the best coaches? Maybe. More often than not, they just work with those that they already know or are comfortable with working with. 

The entire system of College Football as it is currently set up is an incredible Con. I enjoy it for sure but it is just a way to make money. I don't believe Nick Saban or Urban Meyer are just way better coaches than say Mike Leach or Dana Holgorsen. Their Donors just pay more money to the players, their extended families and churches than the other institutions. 

From the CCS perspective, he probably feels a system that gets him 8-4, 9-3, 10-2 every year even without a conference championship is a more than good enough system to not warrant any change. I think he and Gilbert and the clock punchers you mentioned. They run down the middle all the time because against the majority of our competition it works enough to get the win. The defense bends but doesn't break against the majority of our competition enough to win.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097

Going into this season, I felt we were an 8-4 or a 9-3 team this year.  

I was enjoying the ride to 7-0...but knew the wall was coming.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I will continue to complain as long as this team continues to make the same mistakes, game after game. I will also crap all over the coaches for thier lack of adjustments and the same post game comments. It's time for the excuses to end and some adjustment/changes be made prior to the start of our next game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

So are you're saying that USF is the worst 7-1 team in football? 

Well, this is what our results against FBS teams look like so far:

W 49-38 GT (4-4)

W 20-13 ECU (2-5)

W 58-42 UMass (3-6)

W 25-24 Tulsa (1-7)

W 38-30 UConn (1-7)

L 57-36 Houston (7-1)

GT is clearly our best win, certainly this year, and probably in Strong's entire time here. Outside of that, which of our wins this year have impressed you? Granted, Strong is getting Ws with a very young team, but instead of seeing improvement as the season goes along, it seems like we have regressed in some ways....or at least haven't improved at all.....since GT. Not sure we are the worst 7-1 team in football, but when have we been above mediocre this year outside of GT?