• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need 2 stop being some sore freakin losers and support USF period!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

33 minutes ago, Rizman said:

This is why I believe he will come through for us. Year 3

image.thumb.png.4f35dfd33894d4a5a0b458d835a651e1.png

One problem, he's missing Teddy Bridgewater.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

19 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

One problem, he's missing Teddy Bridgewater.

Yea, but we have Blake Barnett 😊

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yea, but we have Blake Barnett 😊

We may need to use him on 3rd and goal from the 10 then.

@Gatorbull325 - My frustration with the team stems from what I believe to be a failure of the coaching staff the past two seasons to put the players in a position to succeed.  I had the same frustration with Taggart until the Syracuse game when he decided to let the players play their style. ("Let Q be Q" so to speak).

In comes a new offensive coordinator who has a specific way he wants the offense to work.  So much so that for a couple of games in a row he called a handoff up the middle (the dreaded HB Dive) as the first play of EVERY possession.  He still calls a lot of those, either as direct hand offs or as the R part of the RPO... and our OL just can't succeed often enough.  Sure, every once in a while the RB will break a long run... but for every 70+ yard TD run, there are five-seven-ten plays with little to no gain -- that's like depending on the lottery for your salary, in my book.

I don't get upset with the players.  They are 18-23 year olds doing their best given what they are asked to do.  Some don't quite have the skills to do it - which means they need actual coaching. Some have different skills that could let them perform better if the coaches would utilize them in a different way.

I wrote a post at the start of this season that my fire had gone out.  I expected a 6-6 season because of the talent we lost last year and the questions about this coaching staff.  This season I am a little more enthused about the team, but I was not among those who thought the 2018 Bulls would be world beaters.  Sure it was fun to see a team that did not let adversity stop it from coming back to win four games.

This USF team CAN win out... and it can also lose 3 of 4.  It depends on how the coaching staff motivates them to learn from mistakes and bad experiences.  It depends on how the coaching staff prepares the team to actually execute.  It depends how they call plays during these games.  How they make adjustments.

Given those "how" ... many of us are tending to believe this staff isn't up to the task... and thus the players will give 110% but still lose... because the coaches have not shown the ability to motivate, to prepare, to adjust.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

26 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

@Gatorbull325 - My frustration with the team stems from what I believe to be a failure of the coaching staff the past two seasons to put the players in a position to succeed.  I had the same frustration with Taggart until the Syracuse game when he decided to let the players play their style. ("Let Q be Q" so to speak).

In comes a new offensive coordinator who has a specific way he wants the offense to work.  So much so that for a couple of games in a row he called a handoff up the middle (the dreaded HB Dive) as the first play of EVERY possession.  He still calls a lot of those, either as direct hand offs or as the R part of the RPO... and our OL just can't succeed often enough.  Sure, every once in a while the RB will break a long run... but for every 70+ yard TD run, there are five-seven-ten plays with little to no gain -- that's like depending on the lottery for your salary, in my book.

I don't get upset with the players.  They are 18-23 year olds doing their best given what they are asked to do.  Some don't quite have the skills to do it - which means they need actual coaching. Some have different skills that could let them perform better if the coaches would utilize them in a different way.

I wrote a post at the start of this season that my fire had gone out.  I expected a 6-6 season because of the talent we lost last year and the questions about this coaching staff.  This season I am a little more enthused about the team, but I was not among those who thought the 2018 Bulls would be world beaters.  Sure it was fun to see a team that did not let adversity stop it from coming back to win four games.

This USF team CAN win out... and it can also lose 3 of 4.  It depends on how the coaching staff motivates them to learn from mistakes and bad experiences.  It depends on how the coaching staff prepares the team to actually execute.  It depends how they call plays during these games.  How they make adjustments.

Given those "how" ... many of us are tending to believe this staff isn't up to the task... and thus the players will give 110% but still lose... because the coaches have not shown the ability to motivate, to prepare, to adjust.

In the end, its the players who play. You can put a man in whatever position on the field, call whatever play that you can, but in the end, they have to make the play. One thing about USF during the QF years is that we had stars on the team that carried the burden for the whole team. I think this year is putting a lot of players in the limelight and some are doing well, while others are not stepping up. I think for coaches its an adjustment as well, b/c until you put a player out there, you dont know which player to utilize more until you play them all. I'm simply  going to just let things play out. I was on my own at 17 years old. These ids are 17-23 and old enough to understand that they need to step up. w/o  a coach having to be their sole motivation. I think everything will work itself out. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

We may need to use him on 3rd and goal from the 10 then.

Exactly

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JimUSFSig said:
1 hour ago, JimUSFSig said:

There is definitely something not right as far as preparation goes. It's mentioned by someone every week in the post-game presser that they weren't ready to play, and it's obvious given that we always come out slow. As far as their ability to adjust, they haven't been able to in the past two games, but they have been able to make defensive adjustments in the second have of many games this year. The offense is what it is. That long pass to McCants with about 10 seconds left in the Tulsa game to set up the winning FG, I'm surprised Gilbert didn't call a Dive play instead of the downfield pass to McCants. He seems to ignore the situation many times.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I just want to say that in all fairness, I was a sore winner first. :P

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/30/2018 at 7:34 AM, Rizman said:

This is why I believe he will come through for us. Year 3

image.thumb.png.4f35dfd33894d4a5a0b458d835a651e1.png

But...he lost to George O’Weary’s Golden Knights at home in Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.  The Kights went to the Fiesta Bowl, and Strong’s Cards went to the Cheap T-Shirt Bowl.   FAIL!