• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chatter on Louisville Board... Strong and UNC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I was also pondering the GT possibility earlier this year.

35 minutes ago, TyBull said:

Unless GT takes a really bad turn he will get another year. His players graduate. 

CCS can't run the option...isn't that a requirement at GT like it is at Navy now?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

You'll never be able to get a good read on a head coach whether they will stay or go?? Of course our current conference has made it a good jump off point for coaches to get visibility so they can jump to the P5. I was surprised when he came to USF and then went to FSU to interview??  So, since this topic is always one of conjecture and tea leaves how about this...

Why does CCS have such an evident limp this season? He looks like he is playing in pain. Knee? Hip? Back? ...bad shoe??

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

If they capped coaching salaries and brought parity, the rich wouldn’t continue to get richer at the expense of everyone else. The fact these are public institutions of higher education should trump the chase for $.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, slick1ru2 said:

If they capped coaching salaries and brought parity, the rich wouldn’t continue to get richer at the expense of everyone else. The fact these are public institutions of higher education should trump the chase for $.

Why would they want to do that? 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Chatter about UNC being interested in a USF football coach?  I feel like I've heard this before......   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Chatter about UNC being interested in a USF football coach?  I feel like I've heard this before......   

If we could only use that time machine...

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Having a hard time thinking that Strong would want to move. If we can come up with anywhere close to a reasonable package for him and his staff he is set here until he retires. 

Why go work on another turn around project when his family is here, he has the foundation, with all these Freshmen, set to stay on top of the league and actually compete for the Year Day bowl for at least the next 4 or 5 years.  

He already left one school for the big pay day. His chances of building a conference caliber champion team at UNC in thattime frame is pretty much zero. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, USFBulls12 said:

CCS can't run the option...isn't that a requirement at GT like it is at Navy now?

I don't know.  If they were to convert, they are in a great location in a great conference.  GT has a fun vibe and tradition too.  Seems like a great opportunity to me.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't know.  If they were to convert, they are in a great location in a great conference.  GT has a fun vibe and tradition too.  Seems like a great opportunity to me.

Yeah, I've heard from an alumni friend that the fan base is pretty much over seeing option football every weekend too.    The academic requirements will probably never allow them to complete for a playoff spot but they could be a fun 8-9 win team with the right staff.   UNC, Vandy, and GaTech all scare me if those jobs come open.   

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I like CCS and would like him to stay, but my built-in assumption was always that he’d bolt, so if he does it won’t surprise me. Not sure we can afford him.

Hopefully the next coach can get us to a conference championship game (assuming CCS doesn’t make it this year, which seems unlikely). That coach is the one I’ll really lament leaving.