• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston favored by TD+

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

We are either talented and young but yet to put a complete game together but still talented enough to bust loose, keep composure and win it in the end.? Or, We are talented but just not there yet to run with the big dogs so the lessor teams are giving us a game? Or, We just don't focus on all things "game" from the beginning so we get slapped around for a while until our collective brains drop into gear. (it does look that way at times)

Across the board, I think we should be way more dominant this year on both sides. I get all the contributing factors like youth, inexperience, etc. but, USF should be at the stage now with WT and CS recruiting that we are now a reload team.

If..If...the talent we have shows up for 4 quarters at Houston, I think we can finally show our true identity and get the W. Their good but, their beatable. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

41 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

You say that...

If we win 3-2 or 99-98 I couldn't care less, just so long as we win. This isn't UCONN or UMASS, this is a team with a pulse that we will be playing. A victory of any sort would probably rank as one of the top 3 or wins over the past 4 seasons.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

If we win 3-2 or 99-98 I couldn't care less, just so long as we win. This isn't UCONN or UMASS, this is a team with a pulse that we will be playing. A victory of any sort would probably rank as one of the top 3 or wins over the past 4 seasons.  

Concur. Like GT I didn't mind having to fight our way back. That's ok against real competition. A UH win would be the best or 2nd best win of the season. I'd expect a tough battle for this one.

It's stumbling against the worst of the worst that drives me crazy.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

Apologize if this is a duplicate from this or another thread. I'd switch the score around, but that's because of my green-and-gold outlook on this team. 😉🤘

No. 21 South Florida at Houston (-7.5)

The Bulls are undefeated and still a touchdown underdog at Houston. The Cougars are 6-1 and average 48.7 points per game, good for second nationally. There's a shootout in the works, and it will be just as thrilling as Houston's 28-24 victory last year. Houston wins 34-31 but FAILS TO COVER the spread.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaaf/news/college-football-picks-predictions-odds-lines-week-9-florida-georgia-penn-state-iowa/1hcpk2f0086w818wlcsdjmfv0l

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Apologize if this is a duplicate from this or another thread. I'd switch the score around, but that's because of my green-and-gold outlook on this team. 😉🤘

No. 21 South Florida at Houston (-7.5)

The Bulls are undefeated and still a touchdown underdog at Houston. The Cougars are 6-1 and average 48.7 points per game, good for second nationally. There's a shootout in the works, and it will be just as thrilling as Houston's 28-24 victory last year. Houston wins 34-31 but FAILS TO COVER the spread.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaaf/news/college-football-picks-predictions-odds-lines-week-9-florida-georgia-penn-state-iowa/1hcpk2f0086w818wlcsdjmfv0l

1. There was nothing thrilling about last year's game.  Both teams didn't look great.  

2.  A shootout is highly possible and probably. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

I am going to try like crazy to stay away from this board on Saturday. If we lose it will be filled with I told you we were terrible and we have been calling this loss for weeks and we were finally proven right. If we win it will be all how we win ugly and are the worst 8-0 team in history. 

If we win it will be in a shoot out in which case the defense still sucks. Or in a low scoring affair in which case the offense still sucks. But if we los ethen everybody sucks.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

We are either talented and young but yet to put a complete game together but still talented enough to bust loose, keep composure and win it in the end.? Or, We are talented but just not there yet to run with the big dogs so the lessor teams are giving us a game? Or, We just don't focus on all things "game" from the beginning so we get slapped around for a while until our collective brains drop into gear. (it does look that way at times)

Across the board, I think we should be way more dominant this year on both sides. I get all the contributing factors like youth, inexperience, etc. but, USF should be at the stage now with WT and CS recruiting that we are now a reload team.

If..If...the talent we have shows up for 4 quarters at Houston, I think we can finally show our true identity and get the W. Their good but, their beatable. 

We’re starting 3 freshmen on the OL. We’re not recruiting 5 star linemen. We’re not reloading there. We’re building on the fly.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/21/2018 at 7:55 PM, Thebullsfan said:

I don't bet on my teams nor do I bet at all. 

Excellent Advice. Note: The "Strip" in Las Vegas great because the majority of folks and not winning. That is why it is called gambling.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

only if you ignore what has actually happened to the offensive line via atrrition 

Knox- Kicked out of school for doing dumb stuff

Galati- Left the program due to unhappiness with the OL Coach

McDonald- Left the program and retired from football

Larkin- Left the Program due to unhappiness with the coaches

Smith- Retired from football 

Bethel- Just a pure miss/non contributor 

Hudson-left the program and retired from football 

Polk- Left the program due to concussions, now wants to grad transfer

Gibbons-  Injury plagued retired from football.

That's a ton of misses on the OL and when stuff like that happens you can't ever be in "reload" mode because you're just trying to get bodies in the door and keep em there instead of actually having guys around to groom and develop.   We truly have been snake bitten when it comes to the OL for YEARS.   

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Coach Bull Dozer strikes again