• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did CCS Have a Point About the Uniforms?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

5 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

This game was much like most of our games this year. We barely separated ourselves from a bottom of the barrel team. They couldn't stop that QB draw all night because they were worried about how they looked??? Seriously?? If it wasn't for Skip's humidity excuse, this would about the silliest  I've heard.

I watched the interview.  He wasn't making it an excuse.  He made a comment about not being focused, and I think the uniforms was an example of distractions.  That said, it was surely a temp thing, as the players came out jacked up AND the fans went nuts.  But once the kick off occurs, the players surely dial into the task at hand.

They looked like the same team we've seen all year.  They could wear Bama uniforms, and nothing would change.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

I watched the interview.  He wasn't making it an excuse.  He made a comment about not being focused, and I think the uniforms was an example of distractions.  That said, it was surely a temp thing, as the players came out jacked up AND the fans went nuts.  But once the kick off occurs, the players surely dial into the task at hand.

They looked like the same team we've seen all year.  They could wear Bama uniforms, and nothing would change.

Nah, the ugly close wins would get them higher in the AP rankings if they wore Bama uniforms.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

2 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

CCS is dead on. It's a football game not a fracking fashion show.

Maybe our team would be more comfortable on the catwalk and the  runway if they are so concerned with how they look.

It's the continued feminization of America.  Who cares about a uniform.  

Go Bulls!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

Thank you for this post. I didn't think it was an excuse either. As you stated, it was a statement/observation. We won, so there was no need for excuses. We are 7-0 and people need to stop looking for any and everything to complain about, my goodness. By the tone of this board, you would think we were 2-5; and before I hear "but we are only a couple plays away from being 2-5", we are not, we are 7-0. We play to win and we have won every game, period. It's not that long ago we were going 2-10 with a horrible team to watch, have we forgotten that? Has a couple of consecutive good seasons really spoiled us to a point where just winning is no longer good enough? I guess I missed all of those 5 star recruits we got, the Nick Saban type of coach we have, or the Oregon/Nike training facility. I am personally happy with what we have. As a school in a G5 conference and beautiful yet modest facilities, we have it good. How many G5 schools have it better than us? That can be counted on one hand. I'm as competitive as anyone, but I also see reality. Top of the class teams come around in waves. For once can we just be thankful to have a team that wins again? Let's take one game at a time and work toward that Conference Championship; I don't care if we win by one point every single game, it means we are 13-0. I for one am extremely proud of our team. They have won despite playing poorly and having to work hard to come from behind. I am more proud of that, than a team that blows people out, then lose when things get a little hard. This season is a process and this program is a process. These kids are learning a lot this year. They are young and nobody expected them to win the Conference this year; we knew that next year would be more feasible, so let's cut them some slack and let them grow and mature. Our coaches are human and as long as they are learning and understanding this team better, the more polished performances will come. Lets put this week behind us and look forward to Houston. Go Bulls!!

Edited by michibull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, MMW said:

So what would that be, winning games?

Ah the ole 'switch a roo' quip that ignores what I said...I guess I'll say "har har" in response.  Thing is I never said the coaches weren't winning games or couldn't. 

What I *was* saying was that if Strong thinks one reason we didn't have a complete game is because 'the kids were wearing new uniforms', then it shows he is focused on addressing the wrong (non-existent) problems this team has.

• Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Go Bulls!

You're only a manly man if you speak in grunts and wear animal skin pelts taken from the animals you killed with your bare hands...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Go Bulls!

https://www.marines.com/who-we-are/our-values/battle-worn.html

These guys care a lot about a uniform. And they're Americans, too.

Edited by JTrue

• Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

You're only a manly man if you speak in grunts and wear animal skin pelts taken from the animals you killed with your bare hands...

You missed the point. To keep this general and to avoid this from going out of control; traditionally, men care less about how they look and more about function, women usually care more about the appearance and less on function. I think that was the point that was trying to be made. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

11 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

I agree.  Not an excuse.  I would expect a coach to say something like that--as in we need to focus on the task at hand (winning the game).

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
20 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

CCS said that he did not like the fact the team was more concerned about the way they looked versus focusing on their opponent. Here is the video of the players when they found out they were wearing black after warmups. Does Charlie have a point?

I mean he can't ever motivate them. So at least they were excited about something.