• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think Strong cares how talented you are. If he doesn't trust you not to make mistakes you wont play. We have a 4 star DE who I have not even heard his name. Jabreel Stephens? 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I think these guys came in on a short leash and as insurance policies in case we have injuries. I imagine that they would have to wow and dazzle CCS and staff in order to move up the depth chart at this point, especially with at least one of them messing up after already messing up at Duke. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think these guys came in on a short leash and as insurance policies in case we have injuries. I imagine that they would have to wow and dazzle CCS and staff in order to move up the depth chart at this point, especially with at least one of them messing up after already messing up at Duke. 

I could see that...then I suspect this DT wont get much time if any for Houston unless he is very dominant.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

39 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I don't think Strong cares how talented you are. If he doesn't trust you not to make mistakes you wont play. We have a 4 star DE who I have not even heard his name. Jabreel Stephens? 

Stephens was always going to need a few years to put on weight. He was very lean and skinny in high school. I think the spring is when he should start showing out if he's the player he was rated in high school 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I  saw photos of buddy. He seems pretty muscular for 270. I dont see him going past 280/290 with his frame unless he just starts eating. I also cant get a good reading on his film so im just going to hope he can actually ball. 

Haha I was kidding about the Oline joke. But I’m confident that he can be pretty good for us on defense. Any improvement is always welcome. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

9 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

So?  He needs to hit the weights.  He's got over a week to get ready for Houston.  Plenty of time to bulk up, put on the pounds, and #dosomething.

lol... I really do wish it were that easy while you're joking.  

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Nah... they brought Boyd in to play.  He's really good.  I get what you're saying, but it's not all that complicated.  He's really good which is why he's still on the team.  I can't over emphasize how fast and strong he is.  He's only 6'0 260 and change... but he plays with leverage and has the type of first step that's near impossible to defend.  In this 3-3-5, he's what you look for in one of the down positions, the speed, strength, and athleticism to attack the gaps and disrupt.  He'll live in the gap... You'll see him as soon as he's ready.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

47 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Nah... they brought Boyd in to play.  He's really good.  I get what you're saying, but it's not all that complicated.  He's really good which is why he's still on the team.  I can't over emphasize how fast and strong he is.  He's only 6'0 260 and change... but he plays with leverage and has the type of first step that's near impossible to defend.  In this 3-3-5, he's what you look for in one of the down positions, the speed, strength, and athleticism to attack the gaps and disrupt.  He'll live in the gap... You'll see him as soon as he's ready.

You was right about B.B, I hope u r right about Boyd... man we can use some help at DT. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,398
  • Days Won:  25

58 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Is he as good as OLIVER? That is what you are describing. Don't get my hopes up!

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

54 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Is he as good as OLIVER? That is what you are describing. Don't get my hopes up!

No... he's not as good as Oliver.  Oliver is a first round top 5 pick.  Boyce can do some things though... I've had a conversation with a couple of players and the one guy they kept talking about was Boyce.  They think the guy is big time... I'm inclined to agree.  

• Upvote 1