• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Tell me exactly what a conference champion looks like because we've never seen one at USF.  I know the last team standing wins... it doesn't matter how pretty the team looks... we've had pretty teams that haven't won a conference championship.  Maybe this gritty underachieving group of guys who refuse to lose is exactly what a conference champion looks like.  We've never had a team  like this... we've also never had a championship team.

Exactly no one knows. I hate being like this but we might stumble are way in and stumble our way out. Who knows? Only NC Bull.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

21 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

I don't see this team winning a championship. Please prove me wrong but I don't see it.

All that you know about this team is at the halfway point they are undefeated. We have no idea what the second half of the season will bring. Everything is still in front of them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

All that you know about this team is at the halfway point they are undefeated. We have no idea what the second half of the season will bring. Everything is still in front of them. 

They haven't even played anything close to their best game yet. I think a win like this last one could actually bring things together.  For some reason I just think they needed a catalyst.  Sometimes the worst win brings out the best in a team.  To think, they rumbled and fumbled their way to 6-0... lots of upside.  I hope this last game lit the fire.  Like that Cuse win did the squad in 2015.

Edited by Calibull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  146

1 hour ago, Triple B said:
14 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

I'm just gonna watch some ole USF games and pretend that this team is that. 

Brilliant idea .... Pick the ones where we ended the season winning a conference championship.

lol -- reminds me of back in 2002 when some poster here collected a bunch of money from board members under the thought of getting a trophy made to present to the USF team. We went 9-2 losing only to Arky and Oklahoma-- beat every team from CUSA but weren't allowed in the conference. So we were going to give them a trophy since they were denied what was basically a conference championship and/or a chance to play in a bowl game and win a trophy there.

I won't go into what happened to that money but the trophy never was created.

UCF kind of had a similar idea (sort of) by proclaiming themselves National Champs. Mythical Championships- I think Bama came up with the idea first. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

THe Offense must evolve. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

UCF, South Florida, Cincinnati and Temple are all undefeated in conference play - the chaos is just beginnning as none of these teams have played each other yet.

Looking forward to that Temple vs Cincy game on Saturday 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

I,m with you NewEnglandBull should be fun.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

and you ever associate me with a UCF fan again, I'll kill you.

Reminds me of this from Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels:

Image result for rory breaker i'll kill ya

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 hours ago, Calibull said:

They haven't even played anything close to their best game yet. I think a win like this last one could actually bring things together.  For some reason I just think they needed a catalyst.  Sometimes the worst win brings out the best in a team.  To think, they rumbled and fumbled their way to 6-0... lots of upside.  I hope this last game lit the fire.  Like that Cuse win did the squad in 2015.

I think they need it because there is still a leadership void when it comes to the team/players.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

13 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think they need it because there is still a leadership void when it comes to the team/players.  

I think so too...  We lost all of the primary leaders on the team last season and I feel like we needed a new group to emerge.  I think a game like this can help sort that.  I think Hoggins has emerged along with Nico of defense.  I think BB is starting to shoulder the leadership role that comes with being the QB.  I also feel he's now in a position to assert himself as the team leader.  Our 'Bell-Bull' workhorse has emerged in Cronk...  players rolls are emerging and we'll be a better team for it in the long run.  But I do agree.