• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Both Week 7 Polls ... #23

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

On 10/7/2018 at 2:09 PM, Rizman said:

Please take us off the poll.

Please show us your top 25.  

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Just a random thought and a little thinking ahead.. Houston is not receiving any votes in either poll and has ECU and Navy over the next two weeks. I don't think there is a scenario in which they go into the game vs us ranked. But I'm wondering, if total chaos were to happen and UCF and Cinci are still ranked at that point would it be the first time the AAC had 4 ranked teams at the same time?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Just a random thought and a little thinking ahead.. Houston is not receiving any votes in either poll and has ECU and Navy over the next two weeks. I don't think there is a scenario in which they go into the game vs us ranked. But I'm wondering, if total chaos were to happen and UCF and Cinci are still ranked at that point would it be the first time the AAC had 4 ranked teams at the same time?

****, I did not think of that. That would be something! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

I agree. CCS refers to focus and prep "not ready to play". Many of the players are young this season. The ability is there at most positions. By the 4th-5th game players should be pretty well peaking out. This game will tell a lot about where we are as a team. Tulsa is no slouch they play hard and fast. 

I think that phrase "not ready to play" or variations of it are blown out of proportion by some of our fans. For starters-- it is basically coach speak - something that rolls off the tongue at a press conference. But the actual meaning of it-- as I see it -- is that he does not think he has got everything working correctly yet and is taking blame for it as he should. He isn't saying the guys can't play-- just that he wanted to do more in preparation/practice or that he has not quite got them understanding-- as a team -- how to operate as a unit consistently. A lot of that is just not having played together enough. Some of it is being inexperienced. If we ever hear him say "we were as ready as I can make them" and we still have numerous issues on the field, then we can start wondering if he knows twhat the heck he is talking about.

But again-- I think this is coach speak meaning "I wish I had more time to work with the team and get them prepared". If you take it that way, it sounds a lot less like someone who doesn't know how to coach a team. Honestly, he should probably just stop using that phrase-- it is definitely open to interpretation.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

4 hours ago, MikeG said:

I think that phrase "not ready to play" or variations of it are blown out of proportion by some of our fans. For starters-- it is basically coach speak - something that rolls off the tongue at a press conference. But the actual meaning of it-- as I see it -- is that he does not think he has got everything working correctly yet and is taking blame for it as he should.

A-freaking-men ..... Bottom line is he's not throwing the players under the bus for the missed assignments, dropped balls, missed tackles etc and publicly shouldering the blame. I can almost guarantee you he's not that magnanimous on the practice field.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

A-freaking-men ..... Bottom line is he's not throwing the players under the bus for the missed assignments, dropped balls, missed tackles etc and publicly shouldering the blame. I can almost guarantee you he's not that magnanimous on the practice field.

He should just say “the team hasn’t learned how to win big enough yet”.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I had thought that USF, Navy, Memphis, and UCF were all ranked at the same time last season. But I went back to 2016 and looked at the rankings for each week through this week and it looks like the most amount of AAC teams ranked at one time is 3, which has occurred multiple times over the last 3 seasons. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We are in a decent football conference. Every year we have 3 of the 25 best teams in the country.  

Our problem is the bottom of the conference and that it usually different teams at the top every year. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

We are in a decent football conference. Every year we have 3 of the 25 best teams in the country.  

Our problem is the bottom of the conference and that it usually different teams at the top every year. 

If they got too good however we may only have one team ranked. Every conference needs a Vandy and a Wake Forrest...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

16 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If they got too good however we may only have one team ranked. Every conference needs a Vandy and a Wake Forrest...

can't that be said about every conference? It certainly was true when we were in the Big East and CUSA. I only remember a couple of teams remaining on the bottom most of the time. I mean even Wake or Vandy hhas the occasional good season. This year it seems to be Kentucky in the SEC.