• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South FL vs. UCF rivalry big time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

Coke gets it, the UCF logo is slanted downward. While the USF logo is climbing. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

or only unhealthy people still drink that sugar water called soda...its a dying market. The big two have completely diversified to maintain a business presence.

General consumption of soda has been in decline for a decade in the US, but people (everyone not just unhealthy individuals) still drink it by the gallon (45 gallons per year per American), especially during "special events" like a football game, going to a theme park, going to the movies etc...

And yes like any intelligent business, both companies have recognized a change in consumer preference and adapted its product offerings to maintain market share.

Full disclosure I do not work for either company but have a strong belief that if you drink the horse piss they pass off as "Diet Pepsi" you should lose every privileged granted to us by the constitution.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

or only unhealthy people still drink that sugar water called soda...its a dying market. The big two have completely diversified to maintain a business presence.

Stopped drinking soda almost 2.5 years ago - one of the best decisions I ever made.  Lost a ton of weight and feel so much better not putting that stuff in my body - it's the definition of addition by subtraction.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Stopped drinking soda almost 2.5 years ago - one of the best decisions I ever made.  Lost a ton of weight and feel so much better not putting that stuff in my body - it's the definition of addition by subtraction.  

Quit drinking it about 8 years ago after my first kidney stone. Haven't noticed a single difference actually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Quit drinking it about 8 years ago after my first kidney stone. Haven't noticed a single difference actually.

Ha! Exact same reason for me too. Had a stone removed surgically seven years ago. Have not had that sugar soda water crap nor caffeine since then and I feel 1000% better with no stones since. Also helps to drink as much diet lemonade as possible. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Drink a six pack of Pepsi every day. I guess I'll be paying the price sooner than later. Not a coffee fan. Don't care for water. Really can't drink beer while working... so Pepsi it is.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ha! Exact same reason for me too. Had a stone removed surgically seven years ago. Have not had that sugar soda water crap nor caffeine since then and I feel 1000% better with no stones since. Also helps to drink as much diet lemonade as possible. 

Wow, mine was surgically removed 8 years and 2 weeks ago. I also drink a lot of watered down lemonade too as well as water. I've had a couples stones since then but they all passed. So for those it was typically an afternoon of pain then a few days of hydrocodone euphoria with flomax relaxing the urethra enough to pass it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Wow, mine was surgically removed 8 years and 2 weeks ago. I also drink a lot of watered down lemonade too as well as water. I've had a couples stones since then but they all passed. So for those it was typically an afternoon of pain then a few days of hydrocodone euphoria with flomax relaxing the urethra enough to pass it.

That surgery is a killer is’nt it? Worst pain I’ve ever endured. Never want to go through that again. On a hot day I think about iced soda sometimes but I just remember the pain of that surgery and grab a water or lemonade. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Capital H said:

General consumption of soda has been in decline for a decade in the US, but people (everyone not just unhealthy individuals) still drink it by the gallon (45 gallons per year per American), especially during "special events" like a football game, going to a theme park, going to the movies etc...

And yes like any intelligent business, both companies have recognized a change in consumer preference and adapted its product offerings to maintain market share.

Full disclosure I do not work for either company but have a strong belief that if you drink the horse piss they pass off as "Diet Pepsi" you should lose every privileged granted to us by the constitution.

Coke just diversified to get my money again by buying Body Armor. Those bastards!