• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to propose a "No UCF" movement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think someone may have already addressed it but CJL was in a different time, a different place and he was absolutely dead on back then. Any USF fans wanting any kind of a rivalry back then were delusional ....... Now, like it or not, they ARE a Rival in all senses of the word. You don't have to embrace it but to ignore it is woefully ignorant.

As far as a "no ucf movement", the only OTHER thread about them on the first page of this forum was about who to root for this weekend, as it pertains to USF. On the surface a legit question, I guess, but it's not one that really needs to be asked when talking about Rivals. There are specifically rare times when a Rival should ever pull for their counterpart ..................... like Bama should have been pulling for AU in the Peach Bowl so there would have been no chance of them having to split the Natty.

By the definition of the word "rival", everyone in our conference is our rival. The point of this is that we should not treat UCF different from any other conference foe (which again by definition are our rivals); that we shouldn't be paying them anymore attention than we do anyone else in our conference. That's all. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So, in order to squash the notion that UCF is in any way different than other teams, definitely not a rival, and absolutely not worth any extra attention, you’d like us to ban talking about them?

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

34 minutes ago, michibull said:

By the definition of the word "rival", everyone in our conference is our rival. The point of this is that we should not treat UCF different from any other conference foe (which again by definition are our rivals); that we shouldn't be paying them anymore attention than we do anyone else in our conference. That's all. 

Tell that to Sooner and Longhorn fans.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

We've never destroyed anything or anyone in basketball. I call shenanigans.

Beg to differ...they have destroyed attendance (actual!).😱

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

3 hours ago, michibull said:

At this point in time, ECU is the most dangerous "roadblock" we have, because we play them NEXT.

Fair enough. I looked at their message board. They are concerned, as they should be, about McCants

https://247sports.com/college/east-carolina/Board/59438/Contents/ECU-knows-electric-USF-return-man-Terrence-Horne-well-122080702/

41 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So, in order to squash the notion that UCF is in any way different than other teams, definitely not a rival, and absolutely not worth any extra attention, you’d like us to ban talking about them?

Haha, I see what you did there. No, I don't believe in restricting people's free speech (whether it's PC or not). I am more or less suggesting that we stop singling out UCF, whether it's who they play, what their program is doing, how evil they are, etc. There are rarely discussion on if we want Houston to beat X team or, did you see what Cincy did? Usually that all goes back to UCF. I would rather us treat them like any other team, that's all.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

I'll just add, as a Gator fan as well. I enjoy the rivalry with FSU and Miami. It's fun.  I don't take it that serious to not want a rival to exist period. I also don't think anybody really post about UCF on this board. When I go to UCF's  boards, they ALWAYS have a USF post up.  I think we actually do well with not posting about them. 

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'll just add, as a Gator fan as well. I enjoy the rivalry with FSU and Miami. It's fun.  I don't take it that serious to not want a rival to exist period. I also don't think anybody really post about UCF on this board. When I go to UCF's  boards, they ALWAYS have a USF post up.  I think we actually do well with not posting about them. 

Fair enough, I just don't want us to get like MIchigan fans, because the sound terrible/sad up here. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We are on page 5 discussing if ucf is a rival or not...I think the answer is pretty obvious...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We are on page 5 discussing if ucf is s rival or not...I think the answer is pretty obvious...

Exactly my point.