• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to propose a "No UCF" movement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It's not like they're an A&M or something. They have a pretty respectable program and definitely a respectable team. Their fans can suck it for the most part, but you can't take away what they've been able to do with their team (the things WE want to do). If you can't stand the idea of them being our rival, would you rather FAU/FIU? Doubt that even makes ESPN3, but UCF/USF gets national attention now.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

42 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

It put a lot of butts (actual) in red and pewter seats ($$$$$ in USF coffers).

It gave USF fans a taste of “a real college football game experience” at our OffCS.

They make up one of our top 15 top attended home games and that was in ‘07 when we were a top 5 team in the nation and we beat them 64-12, that’s where the series should have ended.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, MikeG said:

Similarly, Back before we ever had played UCF-- they had some state representative get involved to make the game happen. Before that got too far though-- Lee Roy Selmon made a deal with their AD to have 4 home and home games. We weren't very happy about it but the results were 4-0 USF and it seemed possible that we had squashed that whole rivalry thing in its tracks.

If being equals was part of developing rivalries,  The Bedlam Series would not exit today, and it’s the longest running uninterrupted rivialy game between public universities.  CJL ending the series was one of his dumbest moves.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/collegefootball/bedlam-the-entire-series/article_015cde59-b970-5c53-a86b-0793062c9787.html

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

49 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

It put a lot of butts (actual) in red and pewter seats ($$$$$ in USF coffers).

It gave USF fans a taste of “a real college football game experience” at our OffCS.

Yeah, our fans would have no idea what “a real college football game experience" at our OffCS was if we hadn't started playing the assklowns. Another brilliant observation on your part ...

image.png.f31c12c49a047c58dd20704a19c3e095.png

The opposing fans in that pic are wearing blue and gold, not black and gold ...

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They make up one of our top 15 top attended home games and that was in ‘07 when we were a top 5 team in the nation and we beat them 64-12, that’s where the series should have ended.

Yep, much better to play the Charleston Southerns of college football.

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The first OU - OSU game was 75 - 0, and OSU didn’t score a single point during the first eight games...I guess OU should have ended the series after game one.

5 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Yep, much better to play the Charleston Southerns of college football.

Because that’s the two options, UCF or Charleston Southern. Although Kentucky Wesleyan and UT-Martin both rate higher than the next UCF game on home attendance, so it may not make that big of a difference.

4 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

The first OU - OSU game was 75 - 0, and OSU didn’t score a single point during the first eight games...I guess OU should have ended the series after game one.

It probably wouldn’t have had that negative  of consequences for OU. I am sure they would have been just fine.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I must confess my sins. Every time I see them loose a game it makes me smile.

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because that’s the two options, UCF or Charleston Southern. Although Kentucky Wesleyan and UT-Martin both rate higher than the next UCF game on home attendance, so it may not make that big of a difference.

If I’m not mistaken, the first UCF game was only the second time they needed to open the upper deck for USF football at RJS.