• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it better or worse for USF if FAU upsets ucf?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, JTrue said:

Absolutely. Because Churchill knew the U.S. would never schedule Germany since they weren't a big enough opponent, so he was rooting all the way for the Third Reich to steamroll the mainland and raise their profile. 

That Churchill, always a couple of steps ahead.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Actually, what I said was: "What other game on our schedule this season would get as much attention as an unbeaten matchup between us and UCF?". The bowl game hasn't been scheduled yet, and if we were to lose the CCG, we might get some garbage bowl that hardly anybody outside of TBP will watch.

And if we lose to UCF it will not matter that we went into it undefeated with them or that it was seen as high profile by some. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

And if we lose to UCF it will not matter that we went into it undefeated with them or that it was seen as high profile by some. 

Maybe it will matter, maybe not, but if both teams are undefeated, and there is a packed house and another great game just as there was last season, it may catch the eye of a P5 commish out there. Again, an undefeated matchup can't possibly hurt anything, it seems it can only raise the profile of the two programs and the rivalry. I'll take that any day. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

A rivalry is defined by two teams hatred for one another.  I can't see true rivals rooting for the other to win no matter what.  I don't even really see ucf as a rival and I'd rather not go to a NY6 bowl game then root for them to win.  Even though I don't really think one has anything to do with the other anyway.

And the P5 commissioners could care less about out little "rivalry game".

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I don’t give a **** how it impacts us...there is no friggin way I will EVER hope ucf wins under ANY condition. You others are free to do so but I am not doing it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

Ucif is now circled on some of our fans calendars as a marquee game that we hope can save fledgling attendance, I don’t know how much clearer it can be that they need to lose every game from now until eternity.

3 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Always one in the bunch.

He's hardly alone in that thinking ...

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Not going to post too much on this because it been covered ad nauseum on this board, but it is all about the TV ratings.  Remember what one of the top games of 2017 was.  Funny you think that even in a hypothetical situation that USF would ever be considered on their own, especially considering our attendance, if UCF was a bad team.  

Although Puc's been hitting it out of the park with most of his responses, I'll reiterate. Bringing in two teams that have one game a year that currently is equivalent to most P5 attendances is not some game changer in regards to an invite. We've already proven, ON OUR OWN, when we were at that upper level, that attendance was not a problem. There's been nothing to indicate that a USF/UCF package deal is the only way we move up ..... other than message board/blog musings from those who don't have a clue.

Another thing to look at. I assume the Big 12 is the only real viable option that people consider for bringing in 2 schools. You bring in both of the Florida directional schools and with the success they've both had, without the resources of a P5, and you just added TWO legit challengers to the conf championship on a year in and year out basis. Behind closed doors, you really think the current top Big 12 teams would be relishing that? Additionally, it would cut down on Florida as a recruiting bed for B12 teams, although I'm not sure how big a bed it is for them right now. I would just be really surprised if any P5 conference would be seriously looking to add both of us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/19/2018 at 8:58 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

Exactly. A NYD bowl game would be icing. But winning a conference championship is paramount. 

Winning a conference championship means didly squat if you don't get the NYD bowl.  Who cares if we win the conference but are relegated to the who cares bowl vs 7-5 Duke.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bullshiznitz said:

Winning a conference championship means didly squat if you don't get the NYD bowl.  Who cares if we win the conference but are relegated to the who cares bowl vs 7-5 Duke.  

I'd like to at least win one conference championship before I start writing off ones that don't lead to a NY6 bowl.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

You're not getting to a NYD bowl without winning the conference championship so might as put it on the check list of accomplishments