• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Final few minutes of first half

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We were the more talented team, we were right to be aggressive, especially trailing.

If we were playing Bama under the same circumstances I could live with go in and regroup.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

We have to be an offense who doesn't turn the ball over, to be at the level we want. 

Maybe if we were playing a great team there I would feel different.  If we can't play our game against Illinois we should go ahead and start looking at 2019. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

Definitely what I was hoping for. Coach Strong seems to know what he's doing on the sideline. I like it. 🤘

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

We had some unfortunate turnovers in that game. Don’t think that the ball will squirt out like that too often in the same game, also B.B. was bringing the heat on his throws. If we don’t turn it over I think we score and the game looks completely different. Those little mental errors and bounces of bad luck would’ve broke a lesser team. We have some scrappy dudes on this team. I think we are in for a great season! Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

They coached it right. Players executed wrong. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

Normally I'm good with that strategy but that first half had a bad vibe to it to me. It all worked out but I would have been happy to just let Ill run the clock out there. I am obviously the only one that thought that.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Normally I'm good with that strategy but that first half had a bad vibe to it to me. It all worked out but I would have been happy to just let Ill run the clock out there. I am obviously the only one that thought that.

As a fan I completely understand that feeling, but as a coach that’s really not the message you should be looking to send to your team. “Hey coach we have time and timeouts let’s get the ball back”. “Sorry guys I just get a feeling your going to blow it and have them score in the last seconds of the half”. Not exactly inspiring stuff.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Is that the Illini drive where we were called for a phantom roughing the passer penalty?  Did we ever figure out what the justification was for that call?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

4 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Is that the Illini drive where we were called for a phantom roughing the passer penalty?  Did we ever figure out what the justification was for that call?

I'm not sure. We got the ball bqck and were driving until the pick when Wilcox got hit just as the ball got there. They returned it into our territory and kicked  FG as time expired.