• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

Bottom line, Saturday's game is going to dictate how the season goes.  If we can't beat a team that is ranked 55 by CBS Sports, then it won't matter how many games we win against teams currently ranked above 100.  Our SOS will not allow us to recover from a loss to a middle of the road P5 team.

If we beat Tech, we are likely a legit team and should run the table until UCF.  The rankings will follow.  With a Boise State loss, we will control our own destiny of a conference championship and a NYD bowl game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, NJUSFBULL said:

Bottom line, Saturday's game is going to dictate how the season goes.  If we can't beat a team that is ranked 55 by CBS Sports, then it won't matter how many games we win against teams currently ranked above 100.  Our SOS will not allow us to recover from a loss to a middle of the road P5 team.

If we beat Tech, we are likely a legit team and should run the table until UCF.  The rankings will follow.  With a Boise State loss, we will control our own destiny of a conference championship and a NYD bowl game.

I am not going to put all eggs in one game against GT. Remember, this is a very young team at key positions (I would even include QB relative to college game experience). This team will get better as the season moves along. A  loss may kick us out of a New Year’s Day bowl game, but I think we will still be in contention for a conference championship especially since tge better teams are not wait until the end the end of the schedule...when we will be getting better.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

BEAT GT and we deserve to be in Top 25.  Just keep winning and prove the haters wrong.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

2 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

BEAT GT and we deserve to be in Top 25.  Just keep winning and prove the haters wrong.

With Barnett, we are a top-25 team. It's just that nobody knows about it --yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

I really hate just assuming we are winning this game-- such a jinx factor. Maybe we should ignore ratings until we get 4 or 5 games under our belt. The other major polls are at least given us some respect/votes. The AP is a tough nut to crack though.

Nothing worse than having a loss and watching all these "what are we ranked?" threads blow up or fade away.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Brett McMurphy (Athletic)

1Bama 2Aub 3Clem 4OU 5OhioSt 6NDame 7Wisc 8UGA 9Stan 10WVU 11Wash 12LSU 13USC 14VT 15MichSt 16PennSt 17MissSt 18UF 19BC 20Boise 21TCU 22Mich 23UCF 24Miami 25Hawaii

Im scratching my head trying to figure out how he voted Auburn at 2, 0-1 Michigan at 22, then UCF who BEAT Auburn and is on an insane winning streak behind an 0-1 team. I would just like to hear him justify a ballot that makes such little sense

Edited by NavyUSFGuy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Being ranked is a curse for us. I'd just as soon avoid it for as long as possible.

Also, our defense looks reeeeeaaallll suspect....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

With Barnett, we are a top-25 team. It's just that nobody knows about it --yet.

I am fine with that . Just keep winning and we control our Destiny. I hope we do not have the let downs this year we experienced in the past. The people that create polls don't like us and never have since they over ranked us to #2 in the nation when we were in the Big East and had Grothe as QB. Our conference doesn't help us even though we have some decent teams because we don't bring the big money and fans as most of the p5 programs.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Im scratching my head trying to figure out how he voted Auburn at 2, 0-1 Michigan at 22, then UCF who BEAT Auburn and is on an insane winning streak behind an 0-1 team. I would just like to hear him justify a ballot that makes such little sense

Michigan lost by a TD at top 10 ranked Notre Dame.  ucf beat Auburn LAST YEAR and a terrible UConn team this year.

As for Auburn, who cares? Those top teams are going to shake out as they play each other in conference play.  Auburn could be #2 or they could be #10 right now and it doesn't really matter

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Michigan lost by a TD at top 10 ranked Notre Dame.  ucf beat Auburn LAST YEAR and a terrible UConn team this year.

As for Auburn, who cares? Those top teams are going to shake out as they play each other in conference play.  Auburn could be #2 or they could be #10 right now and it doesn't really matter

That doesn't justify anything. If you really think Auburn is that good and UCF is coming off an undeafeated sugar bowl season against them, and opens with a 30+ point win, you can't put them behind a Michigan team who did nothing last year and loses the first game this year. Shouldn't you have to win, or at the very least have won something last year to be ranked? Or is that not how this works?