• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wait, USF is not listed in the attendance list....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I must have missed where this was covered, I’ve been off the grid. What was TBT’s comment/reaction when this was brought to their attention?

it goes in a thousand different directions but mostly that its news that is available to report so they should report it, that they didn't know it was available for Florida and FSU (I guess they don't teach the sunshine law in journalism school?), that not looking into it doesn't mean they are dumb and lazy and only report things that are reported to them, that they will now look into it so that they can report it along with USF's and that it may not be fair because it may take more effort to find it. Excuses, excuses you hear them everyday

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Read this a few days ago. Not a big deal. It's a national issue. People have more options in 2018. We can still do better and latch on to what is working but its an industry thing. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I must have missed where this was covered, I’ve been off the grid. What was TBT’s comment/reaction when this was brought to their attention?

Greg AumanVerified account @gregauman 14h14 hours ago

I don’t believe those actual attendances for UF/FSU are available in anything close to real time, as USF numbers are.

•  

Greg is correct. Moreover, attendance isn't nearly as critical an issue at FSU and UF it is at USF, which desperately needs dollars (aka more fans at games) to finance some badly needed projects. Hence the reason we regularly track it.

******** answer by JK. We won't finance badly needed projects by the people attending games. They'll be financed by those buying tickets, ie announced attendance. Unless he's breaking down the difference between the two attendance figures into paid and comp tickets it's still a fruitless endeavor.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

•  

******** answer by JK. We won't finance badly needed projects by the people attending games. They'll be financed by those buying tickets, ie announced attendance. Unless he's breaking down the difference between the two attendance figures into paid and comp tickets it's still a fruitless endeavor.

He was corrected on the subject by our own Mike Stuben, apparently he is unaware that USF is uniquely situated where we receive zero game day dollars from attending patrons and are therefore the least effected by them attending or not attending (lucky for him he now knows but he will forget as he is a dullard). 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

•  

I wouldn't expect anything less as an answer from our beat guy. He's not backing down from his groundbreaking scoop.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Hilarious

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

These two sound like children caught in a lie by their parents and just keep trying to lie their way out of it.   Not only does actual attendance mean nothing to "building projects", but why are we be compared to UF and FSU?  Two much more established P5 programs.   Clowns 🤡

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

23 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

.   Not only does actual attendance mean nothing to "building projects", but why are we be compared to UF and FSU?  Two much more established P5 programs.   Clowns 🤡

Who were the Clowns 🤡 that put up a billboard at the I-4 junction declaring USF part of the “Big 4”?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Who were the Clowns 🤡 that put up a billboard at the I-4 junction declaring USF part of the “Big 4”?

Not sure, I don't think I saw it.  When was that put up?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/31/2018 at 11:48 AM, puc86 said:

The guy you are worried about doesn’t even know that the team he is covering and worrying about doesn’t get a single penny beyond announced attendance as we get no parking or concessions money.

Incorrect!