• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wait, USF is not listed in the attendance list....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

LET ME SAY THIS AS LOUDLY AS I CAN (see all caps, I must be serious). 

USF DOES NOT FUDGE, LIE, INFLATE, FABRICATE OUR ATTENDANCE NUMBERS. THE REPORTED NUMBERS ARE HONEST TICKETS DISTRIBUTED PLUS AN ACCOUNTING FOR PEOPLE WHO COME IN WITHOUT A TICKET, LIKE THE HERD OF THUNDER BAND. THE GAP BETWEEN ANNOUNCED AND TURNSTILE IS FROM PEOPLE NOT USING THEIR TICKETS. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

LET ME SAY THIS AS LOUDLY AS I CAN (see all caps, I must be serious). 

USF DOES NOT FUDGE, LIE, INFLATE, FABRICATE OUR ATTENDANCE NUMBERS. THE REPORTED NUMBERS ARE HONEST TICKETS DISTRIBUTED PLUS AN ACCOUNTING FOR PEOPLE WHO COME IN WITHOUT A TICKET, LIKE THE HERD OF THUNDER BAND. THE GAP BETWEEN ANNOUNCED AND TURNSTILE IS FROM PEOPLE NOT USING THEIR TICKETS. 

It’s been presented that these things are fudging the numbers, it’s not, it’s common practice and always has been at all events.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

I wish they pulled UCF's numbers...they talk all kinds of trash but we have no idea what their actual attendance numbers are...

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s been presented that these things are fudging the numbers, it’s not, it’s common practice and always has been at all events.

All I said is using workers at the event in the attendance count seems ridiculous not the band members sitting in seats.

What's with your hard on to defend this so much?

5 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

All I said is using workers at the event in the attendance count seems ridiculous not the band members sitting in seats.

What's with your hard on to defend this so much?

Because ridiculous assertions like it’s important and newsworthy who a university counts in its attendance has been used to attack us for the greater part of a decade. Everyone but Navy counts announced ( which is equal to distributed plus non ticketed people that have come in (some are more liberal with who to count)) and it’s not important in any way shape or form and we only think it’s important because we have been the only ones having it shoved down our throats all these years. People have acted like we were the worlds worst offenders because it was being compared to nothing now it seems like we are below average in our discrepancy and exactly on par with UF.

And the JK you are worried will make fun of us if our attendance was inflated, do you know why he thinks it’s important for us and not FSU and UF? Because he thinks we need the money more. The guy you are worried about doesn’t even know that the team he is covering and worrying about doesn’t get a single penny beyond announced attendance as we get no parking or concessions money. JK is a clown and the whole lot of TBT “journalists” have been nothing but lazy and dishonest on this issue. They never even tried to get another teams announced attendance and aren’t even aware of the difficulty of the endeavor should they try. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Seemed to be empty seats in the Glazer’s new on campus stadium last night. Wrong thread?

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Seemed to be empty seats in the Glazer’s new on campus stadium last night. Wrong thread?

I believe it’s a community stadium technically across the street from their campus. It’s just hard to tell because the lease terms are way better than owning it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

And the JK you are worried will make fun of us if our attendance was inflated, do you know why he thinks it’s important for us and not FSU and UF? Because he thinks we need the money more. The guy you are worried about doesn’t even know that the team he is covering and worrying about doesn’t get a single penny beyond announced attendance as we get no parking or concessions money. JK is a clown and the whole lot of TBT “journalists” have been nothing but lazy and dishonest on this issue. They never even tried to get another teams announced attendance and aren’t even aware of the difficulty of the endeavor should they try. 

Actually Joey has stated before that “one” of the reasons he gives the attendance is because it is one of the metrics that will be considered if the opportunity for conference expansion happens...which I know is a different discussion entirely.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Brad said:

And Joey actually took a pic of it and commented on it.