• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wait, USF is not listed in the attendance list....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, ZeroBullChip said:

image.png.441f2bb2df0d2f75f9622abe67ffcb12.png

Nearly 72% vs Annonuced

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

image.png.441f2bb2df0d2f75f9622abe67ffcb12.png

SInce that's behind a paywall, we all can't read (Brad may intervene here) but how many other schools are even listed that have actual attendance numbers?

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Triple B said:

SInce that's behind a paywall, we all can't read (Brad may intervene here) but how many other schools are even listed that have actual attendance numbers?

The list consisted of only 96 schools, USF included. UCF was not included in the list.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

The list consisted of only 96 schools, USF included. UCF was not included in the list.

96 schools had both attendance figures. I wouldn't have figured that ....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Hold up, FSU has a way bigger gap between announced and actual and Florida has the exact same gap as we do and yet the WSJ is the only reason we now know this. Also FSU has a crazy conspiracy theory as to why they have this gap and not because of their performance yet it is news to no one.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

96 schools had both attendance figures. I wouldn't have figured that ....

And here we were led to believe others would cover it if only it was available, turns out 75% of the time it is yet only one reporter fixated on it.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I just tweeted about the article. Two takeaways for me and a fun fact:

1. This isn't a USF problem, and it is time the Times treated it that way. I like Joey and Greg, but have always disagreed with the way they covered attendance. 

2. Here is my inside info: Comp tickets hurt programs. I hate when people say, give away more tickets to solve your attendance problems. All they do is devalue the product and end up mostly unused. 

Fun fact: Navy reports actual turnstile. Good for them!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

One more thing, stadiums with bench seats hide the empty look much more that stadiums with fixed seats. When I go to the Liberty Bowl with my family, 4 of us can take up 6-8 seats (yes I am fat, but that isn't what I mean). we leave a gap, set our jacket down between us, spread out to get comfortable. At Ray Jay, 4 of us take up exactly 4 seats. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I just tweeted about the article. Two takeaways for me and a fun fact:

1. This isn't a USF problem, and it is time the Times treated it that way. I like Joey and Greg, but have always disagreed with the way they covered attendance. 

2. Here is my inside info: Comp tickets hurt programs. I hate when people say, give away more tickets to solve your attendance problems. All they do is devalue the product and end up mostly unused. 

Fun fact: Navy reports actual turnstile. Good for them!

A few of us here have been saying for years that real actual attendance is college football's dirty little secret.

It's declining, there's a cultural demographic tidal wave happening that nobody knows how to deal with and maybe there is no solution.

Just now, Mike Stuben said:

One more thing, stadiums with bench seats hide the empty look much more that stadiums with fixed seats. When I go to the Liberty Bowl with my family, 4 of us can take up 6-8 seats (yes I am fat, but that isn't what I mean). we leave a gap, set our jacket down between us, spread out to get comfortable. At Ray Jay, 4 of us take up exactly 4 seats. 

"Man Attendance Spreading!"

• Haha 1