• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Prediction - Go Bulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Remember the St. Bowl does not exist anymore. It is the Gasparilla Bowl and it is now played in Tampa at Ray Jay and this year it is against an AAC FOE. But yeah I agree if we are to avoid this bowl we need all units to step up. I think our D is going to do good things as this is a specialty of CCS.  

Just for laughs I went to the U of Texas site.  Here is a link to the 2016 schedule and scores. You decide if it was a "specialty"

https://texassports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=347

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

29 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just for laughs I went to the U of Texas site.  Here is a link to the 2016 schedule and scores. You decide if it was a "specialty"

That looks like pretty solid defense for the Big12 I think the conference has a bylaw against playing too much defense.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Ouch!  That Kansas loss was butt ass ugly.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Fair point but at the same time it was a specialty when he was at Ville and Fla...Texas was not a good fit for him at so many levels.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I will say this team has a very high ceiling (undefeated in a big bowl) if everything clicks and we avoid injury.  At the same time if a couple things go sideways we could very easily be fighting for our bowl lives (QB's disappoint the middle of the defense has a big drop off from Senat, Hector, and Sanchez leaving).  Seasons like this are the most exciting because of how many unknowns we have.   

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Um, our defense greatly improved last year, with our players. #1 defense in the AAC, top 20 nationally......not sure what Texas has to do with anything. But his "specialty" has worked well with us. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um, our defense greatly improved last year, with our players. #1 defense in the AAC, top 20 nationally......not sure what Texas has to do with anything. But his "specialty" has worked well with us. 

That was a lot of points given up at Texas that year. Didn't look at the other years.  We all know he is known as a defensive guy but those numbers are high.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519

Just now, CousinRicky said:

That was a lot of points given up at Texas that year. Didn't look at the other years.  We all know he is known as a defensive guy but those numbers are high.

Key word "that year"...which is in the past. He took our team from **** near last place in defense to top 20.....and you worrying about a 2016 Texas team? When he was at UF, man we had a kick a$$ defense, and now that he is at USF, we have a kick ass defense. Everybody in life has good years and bad years. Im just happy that USF has a great defense NOW

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

For not having any question marks going into the season opener a lot of these teams that were better positioned than us sure do look to have a lot of question marks now that the season has begun, odd. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

12 - 0