• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I just read that Taggart donated $1-million toward construction of the new FSU football facility. How much of that is Green & Gold money? 🙂

After last nights poor performance especially after all the hoopla..WT better pledge another million...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This cracked me up... sounded familiar 

A5557123-8FA1-4FD2-A045-10F5B1933B93.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

this made me laugh

this is from 6 years ago-- never saw it before but it is sort of funny to see

Edited by MikeG

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

5 minutes ago, MikeG said:

That's payback for chanting their **** chant on the way out of the game when they came to Tampa. I hope they lose the rest of their games this season!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

12 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

Why? he did great things for us. He took a heck of a mess from skip holtz and got us the best QB we have ever had to date. Yes there were some growing pains but I am very grateful he did what he did while at USF.  I wish him well at FSU. 

There's no ill will, but I don't root for FSU because that would be silly to me.  He rebuilt our program and cashed in, so good on him I guess.  He eventually got it fixed here, so he probably can there as well if the "dream fan base" and media doesn't freak out too soon.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

I would like to add that I have no bad feelings about xCWT - he did a good job turning our program back around after Skippy totally decimated it (and he clearly did that-- as he proceeded to get worse and worse every season he had less Leavitt players to work with). Now CCS is doing a good job taking over and that too makes me happy. If CCS decides to move on after this season after doing "his time" for lack of a better term on this lower non-P5 level - I get it and appreciate the effort he put in. The key is that we keep getting solid recruiting no matter who the head coach currently might be.

I watched some of the highlights from the FSU VT game-- I missed watching it live. It seemed like they were pretty much snake bit at very key moments. That can happen to any team. While some are falling over themselves saying "oh what a terrible hire" etc, I am not convinced. Seems like CWT has a pattern of starting out terribly with any new team-- sometimes the result of not having the athletes and  sometimes other issues like poor coaching/adjustments/proper offense to fit the personnel. I think he bounces back again-- but the scope of this FSU job is enormous. He has somehow reached this mythical level where he is expected to win a NC in X years. The pressure must be so intense. Good thing it comes with a ton of money to fall into if he fails to give them what they EXPECT. That's right -- the people who hired him EXPECT a NC within a reasonable time frame. How crazy is that?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

12 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

There's no ill will, but I don't root for FSU because that would be silly to me.  He rebuilt our program and cashed in, so good on him I guess.  He eventually got it fixed here, so he probably can there as well if the "dream fan base" and media doesn't freak out too soon.  

He's definitely going to need a couple years at least. FSU'S offensive line has been bad for a few years now. A couple years ago when they payed Ole Miss I thought they were going to kill Francois with all the hits he took. FSU fans were down on Rick Trickett and his OL recruiting and player development. I have no idea why anyone would expect that unit to be immediately fixed. Fixing the OL is key to getting things turned around and that will take 2-3 years minimum 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

Mediocre coaches going to mediocre 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

He's definitely going to need a couple years at least. FSU'S offensive line has been bad for a few years now. A couple years ago when they payed Ole Miss I thought they were going to kill Francois with all the hits he took. FSU fans were down on Rick Trickett and his OL recruiting and player development. I have no idea why anyone would expect that unit to be immediately fixed. Fixing the OL is key to getting things turned around and that will take 2-3 years minimum 

If he takes 3 years to turn things around he will be  fired, FSU is 5 years removed from a National Championship. The cost of playing poker has gone up and Willie Taggart is going to be drawing blank. He is one game in and half the fans are ready to fire him now, kind of like his start here.