• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, puc86 said:

I honestly believe the big bowl game against a household name would do much more in that regard. Outside of last season I couldn’t tell you who won any AAC championships and I have my doubts many people could. The market has proven that there is little interest in AAC football and I doubt championship some how change that.

Step 1: Win the AAC

Step 2: Play in big bowl game as a result of Step 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Like the Road Trek

Thanks CR. That's my 18 year old Bullsmobile. The back is like the front USF tag and Bull's logo tire cover. I think I'm trying to spread the Bull's aura up here in Alabama, FSU, Auburn, LSU country. It does provoke conversation. The van? My goal is to get it to 20 years an antique also, can then join Tin Can Tourists. It's something to do.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Oh I know it’s a necessary component but if we complete step 1 and don’t get step 2 (which is entirely possible in the AAC) not many people are going to be excited and it will further enforce some people’s feelings about our lot in life. Also step 3 of winning step 2 would be a really important part of springing hope and hopefully crowds.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I honestly believe the big bowl game against a household name would do much more in that regard. Outside of last season I couldn’t tell you who won any AAC championships and I have my doubts many people could. The market has proven that there is little interest in AAC football and I doubt championship some how change that.

Yeah, but if we won it you and everyone else would know.  And as pointed out, that helps get those bigger bowl games.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Yeah, but if we won it you and everyone else would know.  And as pointed out, that helps get those bigger bowl games.

I would know, many on this board would know, I don’t think very many other people that make up everyone else would know or at least not remember. I honestly believe that you could walk up to 100 random people today and tell them USF has won the AAC for the past 7 years in a row and not one person would know or call you out for lying and most people would react with “so what, who cares”.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

19 hours ago, cmhatter said:

You’re not the only one. I think it has more to do with priorities than anything but the AAC doesn’t help at all.

That said, I’m still looking forward to the season. Im still a season ticket holder, donor etc. but I would be far more engaged if we were P5. Just the way it is. 

This.  

I'm in my 30's and so are most of my friends that are USF fans.   As we've all gotten older some peoples priorities have switched to kids, their own businesses, careers, new hobbies etc.   None of them have completely abandoned the program but they are lucky if they make 1-2 games a year. These are people that would plan all of their fall week's/weekends around going to home games and having a great tailgate and putting together watch parties for away games.  Around the last year of Skip's tenure and the first couple years of CWT's people started to drift away from the program as the team became hard to watch and we became resigned to our conference fate.  Add that in with the usual life changes that come in your late 20's-early 30's .  For some people planning 4-5 months of your life around for games that are basically irrelevant in the grand scheme of college football just isn't an option when your life is filling up with things that are far more important in your daily life.    It's hard for some people to "get up" to see USF play if there's a ceiling on the season's potential.  Not everyone is like me an others here who just want to see USF play and do well no matter our station in the college football world.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This. Nothing else is in our control. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, cophbulls said:

I love the fact that the USF-UCF game last year was considered by many to be the game of the year. 

Very valid point, This game got NATIONAL attention, and was one of the most thrilling games of the entire year. Very good for our image and the conference. 

I was just talking to a Big12 fan today who was very aware of our program, even hoped that we would be included in their conference. People outside of the AAC do know who we are. We are still very young in the overall NCAA tradition. It is OKAY that not everyone knows who we are now, it matters that they WILL. 

Do I wish our season went deferentially last year? hell yes. We left it on the table when we should have won, and undoubtedly there will be some frustrating games again this year. But this teams is still very very good, and I believe fully we are on the way to being even better. I do not feel like I did when we were in the xCSH years. I think CWT got us over an ugly hump, and CCS will put in some consistency. I think a 8-9+ win season is completely possible, and maybe, just maybe if we have a hidden gem in one of our QB's we can check off some long awaited boxes on our to do list. 

48 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Step 1: Win The East
Step 2: Win the AAC
Step 3: Win the Bowl Game

*FIFY

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Of course, but the point was we held our destiny.  So yes we "could" have won a championship.

We "could" win one next year or whenever we play some p5 teams but it hasn't happened and it most likely won't.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

We "could" win one next year or whenever we play some p5 teams but it hasn't happened and it most likely won't.

Yep, we beat 3 P5s in a season and run the table, then we could be in the playoff.