• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

When we were number 2 in the nation we definitely had a chance. I know it was only one week but it was glorious. I want to feel like that again. During CSH’s last season and CWT first season I was miserable and I don’t feel like that at all. Many people are able to be complacent and accept this is our new life some of us aren’t and I don’t think it makes us bad people. My degree is from Usf, I have a Usf tattoo on my arm from when we went to the iconic logo, I have tons of gear that I wear enough that I get yelled at by my wife, I have the plate on my car and I go to the majority of games and force (literally) other people to go to the games and throw a tailgate pretty much every game. I am not going anywhere and I try my best to improve things I would just feel a little better if I started seeing any fruit on this tree. It’s not like I even hold onto dreams of filling the stadium any more but why can’t we fill the bottom bowl and cheer every once and a while. I used to think it was because we weren’t winning so I held onto the hope for 2 seasons that if we won people would come. Now we are winning as much as we ever have and it hasn’t moved the needle at all so how can I come to any other conclusion than the AAC is killing us and that most fans aren’t going to support it? College football is supposed to exciting I want to be excited again and I wish the AAC could get me and others from six to midnight but I fear we need a change in order get excited again.

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Our destiny presumably  was in our own hands in 2007 when we were ranked #2, so we've been in position before. As far "will never win one", I would say we probably won't  any time soon, but we have no idea what the future holds. I certainly wouldn't bet on us getting there while in the AAC, but Houston was pretty well positioned a couple years back when they beat Oklahoma in the opening week, and were ranked #6 early in the season before squandering it against Navy. I think the next few years will be important for the program. We will need to do whatever we can to make ourselves attractive when the next, and maybe final round of expansion comes around. It sucks that people are losing interest at a time when the program needs support more than ever, but the OP is understandable.

We were NEVER the 2nd best team in the country.  A confluence of circumstances got us that #2 ranking but we were never that good - as evidenced by the loss to Rutgers, U Conn and Cinci.  Not like any of them finished the year in the Top 5.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We were NEVER the 2nd best team in the country.  A confluence of circumstances got us that #2 ranking but we were never that good - as evidenced by the loss to Rutgers, U Conn and Cinci.  Not like any of them finished the year in the Top 5.  

And I’m the Debbie downer?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, puc86 said:

And I’m the Debbie downer?

I was trying to show you what reality looks like.  My point is that you show up for games whether or not there is a chance at a championship.  And I know you go to the games but all this pissin and moanin about the conference just doesn't do anyone any good. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

thread is depressing. who's got my feasibility study and [not] papa johns overlay? surely an ocs could reinvigorate fandom, amirite?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I was trying to show you what reality looks like.  My point is that you show up for games whether or not there is a chance at a championship.  And I know you go to the games but all this pissin and moanin about the conference just doesn't do anyone any good. 

In my reality we were robbed by the refs and the let down from that theft led to the other losses. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I do like cookies. 

Mr puc,. Thought I'd check back before lights out and make sure they talked you back in off the ledge. Good to see their using the old "cookie" approach. Tomorrow is a new day go forth a conquer. You stimulated a lot of thought and blood flow. I'll leave you with this..10-2 last year that's a successful season but, the disappointment realized was our 2 losses. We were supposed to be the team, undefeated, AAC champs, New Years game but, Not. Everyone feels the disappointments. We're a 20 year old program that has endured a lot of ups/downs, changes, scandal. That's a hell of a lot in a short time. But, we roll on. We hope for more. We keep supporting USF as we can in our own way. Maybe just maybe it will all come together at one time. I'd sure as hell walk around with pride in my USF T if we went undefeated or won the AAC along with kicking some p5 ass. I'm hopeful every year.

Go Bull'simage.thumb.jpeg.bb5daa6cb2c7fa6785a4209ac0cd7ae9.jpegr

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

It's alright to have these feelings.  But, at the end of the day, you have to reconcile. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

It's alright to have these feelings.  But, at the end of the day, you have to reconcile. 

Why?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Why?

Why what, are you suggesting one can't have these feelings, or reconcile said feelings? 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

You cats who bellyache about USF football, just don't watch and see who hurts more, you or the team.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1