• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly Named Vice President of Athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

28 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Definitely passed the initial test.  And all the conversations I had with people that know him sounds like a genuinely good guy and hard worker.  Didn't even ask about bourbon.  Thought I read something about the church he belongs to being Methodist so he may not drink.

As a practicing United Methodist, I can assure you that bourbon is not frowned upon.  Although, grape juice is used for communion....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Whatever, if our plan is to try and convert gator grad/fan to become a Bull's supporter then we're in trouble.

Would have preferred he'd said:

"I just want to say to the USF alumni of Tampa Bay, and worldwide, that the Bulls are your college team. I don't care who you grew up supporting, I don't care who you root for on the professional levels. The USF Bulls are your team."

Haven't yet listened to the presser so if he did address that, never mind .....

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

The man is just trying to get the residents of the 11th largest DMA in the country to follow and support the team that's actually in that DMA. I see nothing wrong with that.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just when I think there's nothing left for some of you to ***** about, you surprise me.  If he wants to try to convert Tampa Bay locals that root for another school I say, more power to him.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Definitely passed the initial test.  And all the conversations I had with people that know him sounds like a genuinely good guy and hard worker.  Didn't even ask about bourbon.  Thought I read something about the church he belongs to being Methodist so he may not drink.

You know how to keep a Baptist from drinking all your booze at a party?  Invite another Baptist.

Joey Knight @TBTimes_Bulls

Almost in passing, Kelly says the plan is to build the #USF Football Center "as fast as possible."

Joey Knight @TBTimes_Bulls

Kelly is asked about on-campus stadium, and says it's obviously something they'll continue to explore. "But at the same token, we've got to get this USF Football Center built." @USFFootball

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Why would a gator grad/fan "support" the Bulls?  I would think the more important question is why students and USF alumni are not supporting the team to the fullest extent possible.

You want more butts in the seats from the community?  Create more family friendly/cost effective ticket packages. But good luck with that on Thursday nights or Saturday at noon

Jeez you guys really harp on nomenclature. It’s possible that statement describes all of the above, he clearly knows issues that need to be corrected. 

Also, what packages are you looking for? USF games are the most affordable around so I’m not sure how ticket price is a deterrent unless you’re expecting free tickets or heavily discounted for your family. It’s also worth calling a ticket rep with these concerns, there may be packages available to you.

And you do realize the University has no control whatsoever on game times right? The folks that complain that no one shows up are the same that complain about game times. Noon games suck, everyone plays noon games. Don’t stay at home and then yell at everyone for not showing up. 

Also the above statements aren’t directed specifically at you, just blows my mind sometimes with the fan base. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Ionbull said:

Jeez you guys really harp on nomenclature. It’s possible that statement describes all of the above, he clearly knows issues that need to be corrected. 

Also, what packages are you looking for? USF games are the most affordable around so I’m not sure how ticket price is a deterrent unless you’re expecting free tickets or heavily discounted for your family. It’s also worth calling a ticket rep with these concerns, there may be packages available to you.

And you do realize the University has no control whatsoever on game times right? The folks that complain that no one shows up are the same that complain about game times. Noon games suck, everyone plays noon games. Don’t stay at home and then yell at everyone for not showing up. 

Also the above statements aren’t directed specifically at you, just blows my mind sometimes with the fan base. 

None of those statements are directed at me because I haven't and don't complain about attendance.  We averaged over 30K last year even with storied programs like Stoney Brook, Temple, and Tulsa on that home slate.  That's the upper third of our conference. I'm just responding to some comments here.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Just when I think there's nothing left for some of you to ***** about, you surprise me.  If he wants to try to convert Tampa Bay locals that root for another school I say, more power to him.

I'm not ********.  He can say and do what he wants, but I think it's wasted energy.  If you are trying to build support why not focus on those with ties to the university and the local corporations.  There should be more than enough folks in those categories.  You want to really build support, keep winning and building the program's profile.