• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly Named Vice President of Athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I think he passed the initial Cousin Ricky test although "business like" could quickly become arrogant and aloof given circumstances

4 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

This quote is 🔥

Whatever, if our plan is to try and convert gator grad/fan to become a Bull's supporter then we're in trouble.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Whatever, if our plan is to try and convert gator grad/fan to become a Bull's supporter then we're in trouble.

I give him credit for acknowledging the situation and wanting people to get more behind this team. Not a lot of growth will happen if we have a mentality of “just let them be fans of other teams, we won’t worry about them.” The idea of getting the whole town around this team again, similar to the early big east days, is great to have. Nothing wrong with trying to get more support. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I give him credit for acknowledging the situation and wanting people to get more behind this team. Not a lot of growth will happen if we have a mentality of “just let them be fans of other teams, we won’t worry about them.” The idea of getting the whole town around this team again, similar to the early big east days, is great to have. Nothing wrong with trying to get more support. 

Why would a gator grad/fan "support" the Bulls?  I would think the more important question is why students and USF alumni are not supporting the team to the fullest extent possible.

You want more butts in the seats from the community?  Create more family friendly/cost effective ticket packages. But good luck with that on Thursday nights or Saturday at noon

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

He recognized Tampa does not support USF.  Smart and astute.  This could get good.

• Upvote 1

Were there any comments about not being able to fill half our student seats or are we just shooting for Bull Gators?

• Downvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

38 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I think he passed the initial Cousin Ricky test although "business like" could quickly become arrogant and aloof given circumstances

Definitely passed the initial test.  And all the conversations I had with people that know him sounds like a genuinely good guy and hard worker.  Didn't even ask about bourbon.  Thought I read something about the church he belongs to being Methodist so he may not drink.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

25 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Why would a gator grad/fan "support" the Bulls?  I would think the more important question is why students and USF alumni are not supporting the team to the fullest extent possible.

You want more butts in the seats from the community?  Create more family friendly/cost effective ticket packages. But good luck with that on Thursday nights or Saturday at noon

Can't someone buy seats for $99 for the season?

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Can't someone buy seats for $99 for the season?

I meant individual game type packages that might attract local families

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Quick take, he said all the right things about stroking the donors, fighting for championships, and engaging with the locals. Like chapelbull, I was impressed by his businesslike intensity and focus. Hre's the youtube link