• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scheduling Philosophy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Let’s do 6 for 0. Play them all on the road any time l and all the time. Kick their ass, take their money, get ranked, play NYD. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

On 5/25/2018 at 2:58 PM, Bullrush33 said:

We are phasing out FCS teams

Love that we are doing this.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, E.T. said:
On 5/25/2018 at 11:58 AM, Bullrush33 said:

We are phasing out FCS teams

Love that we are doing this.

We should keep BCC and FAMU on a rotation.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, charsibb said:

and ucf...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

22 hours ago, charsibb said:

Maybe we can get them both in the AAC

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

There are so many problems with this scheduling philosophy.  Let me try to summarize them.  First, by doing so many 2 for 1's, it is hard to get 6 home games a year.  Meanwhile everyone else is playing 7 home games, and thus, racking up more wins, in theory.  Say all you want about going out and being road warriors, but the fact is, it is far easier to win at home.  Say goodbye to 7 home games a year.  There is a reason Alabama plays 8 home games a year.  Even Alabama occasionally loses on the road, because it's just harder to win on the road, especially against a power program.  Next, you are permanently etching in stone that you are a second class program.  Power programs, which USF aspires to be, never do 2 for 1's.  Ever.  Ever.  You are saying you are not worthy of playing other programs on an equal footing.  Next, you virtually guarantee an extra loss or 2 every year, automatically taking you out of the NY6 bid.  The main factor for getting a Ny6 bid is wins.  Then, once you have 2 teams with no or one losses, all things being equal, THEN you start compare schedules to see who gets bid.  But if you start out with 2 losses, you aren't going, even if you win conference.  Next, you're putting yourself behind the 8 ball compared to the rest of the AAC, who plays one P6 opponent and are going 4-0 every year, meanwhile you are going 2-2.  Next, you could possibly beat yourself up prior to conference play, when everyone else is just working out the kinks.  You are telling the entire world that YOU are inferior.  YOU are not worthy, and YOU are a permanent second class citizens.

1-1's only.  Everything else is a disgrace.  Sure, should you happen to win them, and if you haven't beaten yourself up, then you might be able to make some noise.  But when you are playing constant road games, that is going to be hard to do.

I understand why it is being done, but that doesn't mean I agree.  Quick, name me one major program that does 2 for ones.  My point exactly.  The end.        

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

We want Bama!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

There are so many problems with this scheduling philosophy.  Let me try to summarize them.  First, by doing so many 2 for 1's, it is hard to get 6 home games a year.  Meanwhile everyone else is playing 7 home games, and thus, racking up more wins, in theory.  Say all you want about going out and being road warriors, but the fact is, it is far easier to win at home.  Say goodbye to 7 home games a year.  There is a reason Alabama plays 8 home games a year.  Even Alabama occasionally loses on the road, because it's just harder to win on the road, especially against a power program.  Next, you are permanently etching in stone that you are a second class program.  Power programs, which USF aspires to be, never do 2 for 1's.  Ever.  Ever.  You are saying you are not worthy of playing other programs on an equal footing.  Next, you virtually guarantee an extra loss or 2 every year, automatically taking you out of the NY6 bid.  The main factor for getting a Ny6 bid is wins.  Then, once you have 2 teams with no or one losses, all things being equal, THEN you start compare schedules to see who gets bid.  But if you start out with 2 losses, you aren't going, even if you win conference.  Next, you're putting yourself behind the 8 ball compared to the rest of the AAC, who plays one P6 opponent and are going 4-0 every year, meanwhile you are going 2-2.  Next, you could possibly beat yourself up prior to conference play, when everyone else is just working out the kinks.  You are telling the entire world that YOU are inferior.  YOU are not worthy, and YOU are a permanent second class citizens.

1-1's only.  Everything else is a disgrace.  Sure, should you happen to win them, and if you haven't beaten yourself up, then you might be able to make some noise.  But when you are playing constant road games, that is going to be hard to do.

I understand why it is being done, but that doesn't mean I agree.  Quick, name me one major program that does 2 for ones.  My point exactly.  The end.        

I don't know if you've been watching college ball lately, but 3 loss teams with tougher schedules are being ranked above one loss soft schedule teams across the board. Beating SJSU and UMass at home gets us nowhere, and we have seen that. We also saw Houston get #5 from beating Oklahoma. 

Also we aren't a major program. 

Go Bulls

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Respectfully your position is wrong in many levels:

1. If the two for ones are spread out we can still have 7 home games a year 95% of the time.

2. Second class program? Hell, many in the nation believe we are ucf and vice versa. 

3. We have been balling for only 21 years and only about 16 years at the highest level. We have not earned nothing. Thus we have to go and take it which means schuduling aggressively. 

4. Last, we are in the AAC...not the ACC. Our conference has three good teams and the rest are fair at best. We ARE NOT in a P5 thus are NOT a major program in the eyes of the media. You are not going to get there by beating Georgia Tech, ECU, ILLINOIS, etc. To move up the ladder and get an opportunity to get in a better conference you have to swing for the fences. If that is 3 for 1, 6 to 1, etc. do what you got to do. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

The main factor for getting a Ny6 bid is wins.

The main factor in getting a NY6 bid is winning your conference. The second is CFP ranking ....

I understand why it is being done,

I don't think you do ....

tenor.gif?itemid=4023749