• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, JupiterBull said:

We're not arguing...I'm saying that's going to keep happening if we're mired in the AAC.  It'd be cool to get someone loyal to the end, despite $$, but that may be a unicorn.

I said it before.  Our coaches have a 3-4 year shelf life tops, then they're either moving on to greener ($$$$$) pastures because of our success or getting canned because of our failures.  And it's not just the $$$$, it's the more realistic shot at a National Championship.   

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

31 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Proverbial "Jumping the Shark"

Seriously? It's been one let down after another since he left. If I wasn't such a masochist I'd have given up on this program long ago.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Firing CJL, was the day USF football began to die.

Almost hooked me on that one .....Difficult these days to tell when you're trolling and when you're not.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

I'm not sure who you're citing as haters, but my only negative is that I really don't think he was a great or smart coach.  You can gauge a coach's skills without being a hater.

I didn't quote anyone or name anyone.  Do you feel guilty?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Almost hooked me on that one .....Difficult these days to tell when you're trolling and when you're not.

There's an element of truth to every troll, is USF football better off then it was 10 years ago?

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

There's an element of truth to every troll,

There's an exception to every rule ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

There's an exception to every rule ...

Funny, but you dodged the question in the rest of my post.

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Funny, but you dodged the question in the rest of my post.

This question..... "is USF football better off then it was 10 years ago?" I ignored it because it was just a continuation of your original, trolling comment, "Firing CJL, was the day USF football began to die", that I had already responded to:

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

19 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Firing CJL, was the day USF football began to die.

Man, I know u r trolling but, I need to bust this Levitt bubble.  CLJ did a great job "starting" USF and getting the team to the national stage, but lets be real. When USF was in Conference USA, we didnt win that conference. We got to the Big East and averaged 8 wins a season. Had one or  two 9 win seasons.  Never even came close to a BCS game. We had a #2 ranking and beat a few ranked teams and that seems to make everybody overlook some average numbers. We had plenty of years in a BCS conference to have recruited on the BCS level and we still handed Holtz an average team. Holtz just managed to recruit even worse. We had a good 5 to 7 years in a BCS conference. (too lazy to reasearch the actual years) So CJL had all the advantages than the other coaches and did nothing with them. USF was ranked what?....3 or 4 times during our BCS days? Back then we stay ranked for a week or 2. Now we are sustaining our rankings for the entire season. We have had two back to back 10 win seasons and I am highly confident we will get a 3rd 10 win season in 2018. USF is accomplishing more now w/o the luxury of being a part of a BCS conference. I am baffled about these glory years I keep hearing about b/c when i first started watching USF I remember a lot of let downs and underacheiving. We had the BCS membership removed from us. It would have happened whether Levitt stayed or not. USF has survived the downgrade and is doing what they can to not only survive, but start kicking ass. Many fans need to let go of the past.  Im prepared 4 the "thumbs downs" so knock yourself out guys ☺

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

Haven't won an AAC championship (been there longer than C-USA) - but, it looks like we're better in a worse conference...

Beat average conference foes of less talent than those that remained P5 from Big East to B12, ACC, B10

We're in a prettier seat of course, as long as we are ranked in preseason and beat the AAC, we're going to be ranked.  Totally different dynamic when you're the G5 tall midget than an up and comer at the big boys table.

Instead of continuing the comparison and risk denigrating the current state of the program as well as your understanding of what it means to go from no team to a BCS conference in 8 years, this is one area that the wise will probably stay out of.

You said what you had to say... and more.

• Upvote 1