• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

He said OUR best player, not the best NFL prospect ..... and Q's career as OUR player bears that out.

I think "our" best player is Selvie or Jenkins if I play by your criteria. Remember the other censensus All-Americans we had? (Which also played on Sunday's for years)

Q is the best QB we've had in "our" history (probably) but he was not more dominant or highly rated than either of the aforementioned guys.

The only case you have is to argue for impact due to his position played. It's pretty obvious to me that Selvie, Jenkins, and Mack are all better though. By almost any criteria. Except raw recorded stats because they don't have as much opportunity at their positions as a running QB will.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, chapelbull said:

The criteria would be important if there was an argument.  I'm still not making one.  My original post was simply in response to the assertion that QF being the greatest Bull ever is a foregone conclusion.  I don't think it is, but I also wouldn't argue against someone thinking he is.  Comparing QBs to DLs is pretty difficult to do statistically.  There's going to be a lot of debatable points.

Im just not giving that honor to someone who was on our campus maybe 12 months? 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

And I like all the people mentioned. Best news all day was DJ getting his invite to rookie camp.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

35 minutes ago, mjadams said:

And I like all the people mentioned. Best news all day was DJ getting his invite to rookie camp.

I remember people telling me he'd get drafted higher than Mack. The homerism is so huge for DJ and Q. Yet much more "blah" for MM.

That said, DJ was painfully underutilized his senior year and stands a real chance at being productive in the NFL. He should've been drafted. Nichols too.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, The Great 8 said:

I think "our" best player is Selvie or Jenkins if I play by your criteria. Remember the other censensus All-Americans we had? (Which also played on Sunday's for years)

Q is the best QB we've had in "our" history (probably) but he was not more dominant or highly rated than either of the aforementioned guys.

The only case you have is to argue for impact due to his position played. It's pretty obvious to me that Selvie, Jenkins, and Mack are all better though. By almost any criteria. Except raw recorded stats because they don't have as much opportunity at their positions as a running QB will.

You really should have just stopped at "I think "our" best player is Selvie or Jenkins" which leaves this as opinion based and we just disagree. When you throw in the laughable "By almost any criteria. Except raw recorded stats", that just sounds ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, mjadams said:

Im just not giving that honor to someone who was on our campus maybe 12 months? 

That's a fair point

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You really should have just stopped at "I think "our" best player is Selvie or Jenkins" which leaves this as opinion based and we just disagree. When you throw in the laughable "By almost any criteria. Except raw recorded stats", that just sounds ridiculous.

I think Holtz is our best coach, except for recorded wins.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

USF's Draft Class heading to NFL teams

I like Bruce Hector to the Eagles. They liked to rotate depth on the DL and moved some guys this offseason. hopefully he can make his way in to the rotation. 

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

More from GoUSFBulls.com:

Four Bulls Sign NFL Free Agent Contracts

FOUR BULLS SIGN NFL FREE AGENT CONTRACTS

TAMPA, APRIL 29, 2018 – It took little time after the conclusion of the 2018 NFL Draft for several undrafted USF players to ink free agent contracts with NFL teams. As of early Sunday evening, four Bulls had signed free agent contracts to join NFL teams and another had been invited to rookie minicamp.

Quarterback Quinton Flowers (Miami) was locked down quickly by the Cincinnati Bengals shortly after the conclusion of the draft. Other Bulls to sign contracts included defensive back Deatrick Nichols (Miami) with the Arizona Cardinals, defensive tackle Bruce Hector (Tampa) with the Philadelphia Eagles and defensive end Mike Love (Clearwater) with the Buffalo Bills. Meanwhile, running back D'Ernest Johnson (Immokalee) accepted an invitation to the New Orleans Saints rookie minicamp.

The Bulls had two players selected in the 2018 NFL Draft as defensive tackle Deadrin Senat(Immokalee) was taken in the third round by the Atlanta Falcons and wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling (St. Petersburg) was taken in the fifth round by the Green Bay Packers. USF saw its third straight draft with multiple Bulls selected and upped its total number of NFL Draft picks to 30 in 21 years of the program.

22006Flowers finished his career with 42 USF records, including USF and American Athletic Conference career marks for total offense (11,802) and USF career records for rushing yards (3,672), rushing touchdowns (41), passing touchdowns (71) and total touchdowns (112). He capped his illustrious USF career by claiming his second straight Birmingham Bowl MVP honors after accounting for 417 total yards and five touchdowns in the Bulls' 38-34 victory over Texas Tech. Flowers is just the fourth player in FBS football history to post 8,000 passing and 3,500 rushing yards on their career and one of only six players in FBS history to pass for 60 or more touchdowns and rush for 40 more. He ranks ninth all-time in FBS history, and first among quarterbacks to play in the state of Florida, in quarterback rushing yards (3,672).

A consummate winner, Flowers helped lead USF to a 21-4 record over the last two seasons and three straight bowl games. His 30 career victories as a starting quarterback tied the USF record and his .769 winning percentage (30-9) shattered the previous mark. Named the 2017 Florida Offensive Player of the Year (Miami Herald) and the 2016 American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year, Flowers set USF records with 18 career games with 300 or more total offensive yards, including a game record 605 yards at UCF last season, and owns the USF season rushing record with 1,530 yards in 2016.

Hector was a second team all-conference selection in 2017 after totaling 38 tackles, 13.0 tackles for loss and a team-leading 7.0 sacks to go with a forced fumble and a blocked kick in 12 starts. He is tied for fourth all-time at USF with 18.0 career sacks as he led or tied for the team lead in sacks in each of his final three seasons. Hector logged 90 tackles, 28.0 tackles for loss, three pass break-ups, two forced fumbles and a blocked kick on his career in which he saw action in 43 games and made 24 starts.

Johnson finished his USF career as the Bulls' all-time leader in career all-purpose yardage (4,186). He also set records for a USF running back for career receptions (73) and receiving yards (909). Johnson ran for 796 yards and seven touchdowns in his senior season to finish with 1,796 rushing yards on his career to rank eighth all-time at USF. He accounted for 29 total touchdowns on his career, including 16 rushing, 12 receiving and 1 punt return.

Love saw his draft status climb with outstanding performances at the USF Pro Day and individual workouts. He totaled 11.0 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, 28 tackles and three pass breakups while starting all 12 games in 2017. Love recorded the game-winning sack in the Bulls' 2017 Birmingham Bowl triumph over South Carolina. He totaled 19.5 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks and 65 tackles on his career that saw him start 21 games.

Nichols is just the third Bull to earn all-conference honors three times on their career, including first team selections in 2015 and 2017. Playing cornerback, nickel and safety at points during the 2017 season, Nichols finished third on the team with 56 tackles and led the team with 15 passes defended while collecting three interceptions. He finished his USF career with 11 career interceptions, which ranks third all-time at USF, as well as 24 pass break-ups and 35 passes defended, which both rank fifth. Nichols also tallied 175 tackles and 14.5 tackles for loss on a USF career in which he started 39 games.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hope a few hold on to a least a practice squad.