• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OFFENSE PUTS ON A SHOW IN SATURDAY'S SCRIMMAGE ACTION

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Strong improves the defense and did things, let's just say differently, on offense. Year two, if he could keep the running game creative this team would be phenomenal. But Stromg isn't creative in the in game so we may be stuck with above average. New QB will be a big change as well. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

21 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Does this mean our defense isn't any good?  :)

doesn't this happen every year? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Im not worried about tge offense or defense but special teams. 

Did we lose our punter and kicker?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Good to hear the offense looked good in the Scrimmage, especially the QB's.   I can't wait to get a real look at both sides of the ball at the spring game.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Also, VERY encouraged to hear that Mack seems to be coming on.  We lacked a true power back last season that could've really helped near the goal line and in 3rd and 4th and short situations.  A 220lb bruiser who can make their own holes would give the offense a completely different dynamic.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Also, VERY encouraged to hear that Mack seems to be coming on.  We lacked a true power back last season that could've really helped near the goal line and in 3rd and 4th and short situations.  A 220lb bruiser who can make their own holes would give the offense a completely different dynamic.  

I completely agree. I was hoping he would make an impact last season. I’ve always been intrigued with him, even over Sands based on HS tape. 

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

The perennial problem: when the offense does well does that mean the defense stinks? If the defense does well does that mean the offense stinks. The best you can hope for is that both sides make plays but even that doesn't tell you much other which players are doing well. I think that the report is favorable since the players had to make plays to get those scoring drives. To me this means the defense is forcing he offense to react to it. The fact that the offense is making plays indicates that defenses won't stifle it. It is the best you can get out of playing your own team.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Defense is usually ahead of the offense. So this may be saying something about our offense this year. Further, defense can catch up better as a season goes on in my opinion. Of course this could simply be an early sign tat our offense and defense will be kicking a little ass this year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Defense is usually ahead of the offense. So this may be saying something about our offense this year. Further, defense can catch up better as a season goes on in my opinion. Of course this could simply be an early sign tat our offense and defense will be kicking a little ass this year. 

14 hours ago, Calibull said:

The offense looks better because it likely is better than last year.  These QBs know the system and can both pass.  They can throw guys open, Flowers could not do that consistently and didn't actually grasp the offense until later in the season.  I think the talent level of the guys at the skill positions has increased.   At QB, both are more traditional QB types with big arms that can put the ball in tight windows.  The WRs to me have improved and the guys stepping on the field are better than they were last season.  I think the offense will break some records again.  But I do note that the defense typically lags the offense in spring.  So by the  spring game all things are even and you get to see who really got better. 

Seems we have two differing views.

I side with New England since I've watched or seen the scores of the last dozen or so Spring games. The offense doesn't usually light it up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Seems we have two differing views.

I side with New England since I've watched or seen the scores of the last dozen or so Spring games. The offense doesn't usually light it up.

Defense is always ahead this time of year.