• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Finally a coaching staff that has stayed together

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

28 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Sure, Veer and Zone are blocking schemes that can be run inside or outside.  Also off tackle runs are often ran to where the RB's intended running lane is off the takcle's outside hip, which is more of an outside run than inside.  Pretty basic stuff......

So if it can be run inside or outside, then it is a inside run right? and off tackle is where the RB reads the tackle block meaning it can also be an inside or outside run, you can't just label it what you want and call it a day. Also, you can claim that different game plan would have changed the outcome, but I can also claim that more down the field attacks would have lead to more turnovers, what I can also say with absolute certainty is, if we stop that 4 and 24, we win. I think we are done here, have a good day sir.  

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

27 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

So if it can be run inside or outside, then it is a inside run right?and off tackle is where the RB reads the tackle block meaning it can also be an inside or outside run, you can't just label it what you want and call it a day. Also, you can claim that different game plan would have changed the outcome, but I can also claim that more down the field attacks would have lead to more turnovers, what I can also say with absolute certainty is, if we stop that 4 and 24, we win. I think we are done here, have a good day sir.  

My point about the Zone and Veer are that they are not plays but rather schemes.  You attempted to use basic football jargon in an attempt to be obtuse to try to avoid having to engage peoples actual point.   As for off tackle, again it can be either, but your whole point in trotting out the jargon was to obscure the actual point being argued.  

As for the more downfield shots = more turnovers you'd have a hard time arguing that when the QB in question has a career 3-1 TD to INT ratio and with what the stats tell us about that game the inside run was not working.......  You can make that point but your argument is very, very, weak....

As for 4th in 24, you're ignoring over a hundred other plays to try to take your ball and go home.  Unfortunately football games are more than just 1 play....

Good day to you too, sir. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Coach Bull Dozer on clinic mode today. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls/status/968979321930084355?s=20 USF hires 10th coach. the South Carolina Def Coord. to coach safeties and special teams. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

15 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_Bulls/status/968979321930084355?s=20 USF hires 10th coach. the South Carolina Def Coord. to coach safeties and special teams. 

It's a Christmas miracle!!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It's a Christmas miracle!!

It doesnt sound like he has any special teams experience. Dont jump for joy yet.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

31 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

It doesnt sound like he has any special teams experience. Dont jump for joy yet.

And that's worse than what we had last year?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And that's worse than what we had last year?

Well if you have two people that dont know what they are doing, I would say that is worse.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

22 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Well if you have two people that dont know what they are doing, I would say that is worse.

At least a guy with no experience could be better than what we had last season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

This guy was a Defensive Coordinator for 2 different teams and both those teams had top 10 defenses in the FCS division and we have him simply as a safeties coach and special teams.....yea im jumping 4 joy. Man some of you guys on this board stay negative about everything.