• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF switching to Adidas?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Weren’t we one of the first universities to sign on with UA? I thought I heard they always gave us a sweetheart deal because of that. I wonder if that was taken off the table? 

We were pretty early for UA, we might have been one of their first 5-10 school for an all sports deal. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

We actually weren't Nike or Adidas  before UA. We never had a department deal for UA. Each team worked their own deal. When Sports Belle made the original football uniforms, we wore Nike shoes for football and sideline gear, it was just that Nike offered us so little money back then we went with the best deal for the uniforms. Plus Jim Leavitt liked the darkest green possible, Nike made us wear Michigan State green. If you compare old photos, Sports Belle was a much darker green jersey than Nike. 

Seth Greenberg was a Reebok guy. McCullum might have been Addidas. 

When USF signed the UA deal is was for all sports. 

Now the bad news, our UA deal was when we were in the Big East, don't be shocked if the Adidas deal is for less money per year, like our TV deal, the value may have gone down. 

That’s funny, the lighter green Nike jerseys are one my all time favorites. I like the white numbers on the green as opposed to the gold numbers we’ve had the last couple years. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Isn't UA's stock going into the crapper?  Prolly don't have the $$$$ that other companies have.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

37 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

That’s funny, the lighter green Nike jerseys are one my all time favorites. I like the white numbers on the green as opposed to the gold numbers we’ve had the last couple years. 

I don't know if true, but remember hearing in '05-06 Nike did not make USF's green, which is why they were "lighter."

Maybe we go back to the black :iconic_u_black:

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

8 hours ago, gibbsak said:

I don't know if true, but remember hearing in '05-06 Nike did not make USF's green, which is why they were "lighter."

Maybe we go back to the black :iconic_u_black:

God, I hope not

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

Adidas fixed Miami's janked up uniforms.  I am assuming they were responsible for the cool 80s retro look last year too. Maybe they could get us out of these tiny gold numbers.

77043522.0.jpg

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

Adidas has made a strong comeback in the last couple years and they are probably regarded as the best sneaker brand in the US or at least a close 2nd to Nike. Meanwhile Under Armour and their stock has been going downhill. If they end up making a USF line of Ultra Boosts the way Nike made college shoes you can immediately say goodbye to my money.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

If this is money related, fine, but the uniforms the last couple of years have been excellent, by far our best ever. Miss the green and white helmets from last year too. Can't believe we would want to change if it's style related.