• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Dominoes Are Starting To Fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think it's Oregons best move for continuity for their recruiting class and team direction.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

21 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

RE: Taggart...

Is the national championship an easier path from FSU or UO? I feel like with his recruiting class, getting through a PAC12 schedule undefeated and in the playoffs is easier than at FSU.

If his goal when he left USF was truly to win a national championship (and specifically to be the first minority coach to do it), which is the better option? I'm not sure that it's FSU either with Miami on the rise, Clemson dominating, UF on the schedule every year, etc...

Does he feel like he can't get the talent in Oregon to compete with Bama, OSU, Clemson, etc...

Pac12 being shut out of the playoffs 2 out of the 4 years could be a factor if he does leave ...

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Sumlin not heading to ucf. Wonder where they will go next

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I would be very happy for Jim Leavitt. He has paid his dues for what happend here and will do great things. As far as Willie goes, he has very little loyalty to an institution.  I realize that can be said about many coaches, but three schools in five years is a little much.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would be very happy for Jim Leavitt. He has paid his dues for what happend here and will do great things. As far as Willie goes, he has very little loyalty to an institution.  I realize that can be said about many coaches, but three schools in five years is a little much.

And 4 schools in 7 years.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I find it interesting the way Coach Jim Leavitt has rebranded his image. After Colorado and now OU, he has become this Defensive Guru who is known as Mr. Pepsi. Fun loving west coaster. 

When in Tampa, we all knew he could provide excellent defense but constantly he had negative media and was viewed as some megalomaniac. People loved to make fun of him before and now it seems like the media mostly praises him. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I find it interesting the way Coach Jim Leavitt has rebranded his image. After Colorado and now OU, he has become this Defensive Guru who is known as Mr. Pepsi. Fun loving west coaster. 

When in Tampa, we all knew he could provide excellent defense but constantly he had negative media and was viewed as some megalomaniac. People loved to make fun of him before and now it seems like the media mostly praises him. 

I miss that dude. It is probably because when I hear about him it reminds me of those innocent early days of the program and how we took off to become a known brand. I miss all of that..,

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Learn from your mistakes and fix your weaknesses

That's how you become great.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Edited by TExpress
Redundant