• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amid criticism, USF’s Sterlin Gilbert says time needed to master offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

When this team wins AAC Championship, I wonder what will be the next issue from those that complain about about a 11-1 team that has almost the same offensive statistics as last year will be? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When this team wins AAC Championship, I wonder what will be the next issue from those that complain about about a 11-1 team that has almost the same offensive statistics as last year will be? 

Uniforms, Helmets, Attendance, OCS and CWT breaking Woulard's foot. We have a list, don't you worry.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Probably Q's throwing motion or QBR.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Eating your Publix wings as is or putting sauce on them

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

This is why it is more important as an AD at a mid major program to set expectations for coaching staff and find the right balance because you dont want to introduce a philosophy that has shown not to work at your school or will take too long to improve the team and then the coaches bolt or get fired and you are back to square one. I dont know if that is the case here but I dont blame coaches because that is their strength and what they know at it wasnt a secret.  The AD has to hire smart for what the team needs to find success.  Also from a consumer perspective if we maintain consistency the program will also advance.  As a consumer I want to know what Im buying is going to be just as good as the last time.  GCO was just way more intreresting for me as a college football fan.  Luckily the defense  is competent but also hasnt faced a real challenge yet. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This team is 8-1 despite Gilbert, not because of him.

Do you really believe that? There is literally nothing wrong with this offense as far as moving the ball goes, and this offense has let the team down exactly 0 times this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Do you really believe that? There is literally nothing wrong with this offense as far as moving the ball goes, and this offense has let the team down exactly 0 times this year.

You're kidding right? The inefficiency on offense 100% let the team down against Houston.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Yes I do. The scheme does not fit their personnel optimally.

How much more optimal can you get? I can see game management and playing conservative as being issues here and there, but I think what the offense is really missing is the threat of more than one guy that can dodge multiple tacklers behind the LOS.

Just now, goldenbrahm1996 said:

You're kidding right? The inefficiency on offense 100% let the team down against Houston.

4th and 24. I'll take that to win the game 999 times out of 1000.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Yeah, all he had to do was use last year's offense! Not like the personnel has changed at all...