• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Valdes-Scantling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

You can kick yourself about the drop and be happy about the TD at the same time. There was no excuse for that drop, fortunately it didn't cost us as we still scored a TD, but beating the tackle and sprinting 95 yards for a TD is a great play. 

Tulsa is known for poor defense. Assuming they continue with the same offensive philosophy after the bye week, these small things getting fixed will have us putting up 50 on Tulsa. 

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

If these receivers get the yips in front of 20k people I shudder to think what they are going to do at a raucous, sold out, rusty frying pan.  Hopefully, they rise to the occasion but I have my doubts.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

Good players have short memories about negatives ... he moved on quickly IMO.

This.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

50 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

If these receivers get the yips in front of 20k people I shudder to think what they are going to do at a raucous, sold out, rusty frying pan.  Hopefully, they rise to the occasion but I have my doubts.

If there's any game this season where they'll steel themselves, that is the game. If we're not 1000000% focused, the medieval wankers will be happy to hurt us.

I still say UCiF will have more pressure to deliver though. Milton is a decent QB but very inconsistent. If we pressure him, we'll get some killer picks.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

If there's any game this season where they'll steel themselves, that is the game. If we're not 1000000% focused, the medieval wankers will be happy to hurt us.

I still say UCiF will have more pressure to deliver though. Milton is a decent QB but very inconsistent. If we pressure him, we'll get some killer picks.

Plus Milton has a delayed hitch in his throw that can be blocked.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Plus Milton has a delayed hitch in his throw that can be blocked.

If you pressure Milton, he will turn the ball over. He's fine when he doesn't have pressure in his face, but as a shorter QB it's harder for him to see the field. 

The question is where the pressure is going to come from. UConn attacked the blitzes fairly well with screens and the like, and that intermediate to deep middle was open for Shirreffs all day (I think at one point he was 8-8 on throws over the middle). 

This is the one downside to an aggressive defense. A team that's good at handling the blitz and running screens will blow up a lot of blitzes. Auggie and Sawtelle are going to need to have baller games against UCF's running attack. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Auggie and Sawtelle are going to need to have baller games against UCF's running attack. 

Truth. That Killins kid is lightning in a bottle--I hope we keep him in the bottle. And Milton is a real run threat too, gotta spy him.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Truth. That Killins kid is lightning in a bottle--I hope we keep him in the bottle. And Milton is a real run threat too, gotta spy him.

Lightning in a Bottle?!?

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone else surprised the ref didn't flag MVS for spiking the ball after the long TD?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

20 hours ago, raptorcj said:

I agree, the pressure is on our golden showered knights