• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Targeting on Vincent Jackson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

IMO it appears to be more of a collision rather than targeting.  What happened was similar to a defending basketball player unknowingly running into a screen. 

Considering the first pass was a backwards pass it is quite possible that Sherriffs  was going to go out for a pass. Unfortunately or fortunately VJ Jr was appropriately covering the QB on the play. 

I hope his suspension is over turned.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

On 11/5/2017 at 10:02 AM, E.T. said:

And I was shocked after the replay "confirmed" it ...

On 11/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, IBulleve said:

Not only was it a push, Sherrifs was starting to turn and run in the direction of VJ.

I was confident they'd see the replay and kill the targeting part of it. The guy becomes a blocker or potential receiver when he turns toward the defender, and VJ gave him a proper response. I thought that call was hot garbage, he was not a defenseless player IMO. Poor little QB....

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

That was not targeting!!!! I hope CCS is in the process of having that overturned.  Can someone on here stay on top of this to keep us informed.  While CCS is at it they can also add Q’s TD.  ( I could only wish.) That ball definitely broke the plain before his knee went down.  Those Ref’s stunk!  We better have the best of the best for UCF game because it means war when we get a hold of them!  I can only hope UCF is so worn out b/c of no break & hopefully Temple will pound them. Temple has started to improve since we played them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, raptorcj said:

I was confident they'd see the replay and kill the targeting part of it.

Just had a chance to watch the game and after seeing them overturn Q's first quarter td run, it was quite apparent that the replay booth was being manned by knuckleheads.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

It was a horrible call by a horrible crew and the targeting rule needs to be adjusted.  Guys are getting thrown out and serving suspensions for hard hits (OSU DB against Maryland), attempting to swat passes (Danny Thomas against NC State), and pushing (Vincent Jackson).

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

3 hours ago, raptorcj said:

I was confident they'd see the replay and kill the targeting part of it.

Just had a chance to watch the game and after seeing them overturn Q's first quarter td run, it was quite apparent that the replay booth was being manned by knuckleheads.

Clearly their monitors were not working or were stuck on the Playboy channel or something. It's either that or they enlisted the local charity for the blind to host the booth for the day.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Asked about it, so this is what was said. Hopefully someone is smart enough to overturn it. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

We have te worst refs in the ncaa

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I think the old Big East Refs were the worst. So far as the replay guys in the booth at Uconn.....I know what they were saying," Heads or tails!" They weren't watching the screen.....Just flipping a coin.