• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When did you seriously expect to lose last night?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

With 11 seconds left on the clock.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4th and 24...un F’n real...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

At halftime I told the chat room I expected we could win 7-0.

When they tied it at 21 I expected we would lose because I knew they could score but I wasn't sure we would/could.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59

6 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Did CCs ever mention that the clock management was a disaster? The coaches blew the game 

In watching a clip of the post game press conference, It looked as though he did not take any responsibility for it.  I believe that he did state that on the 4th and 24 pass, all a player had to do was knock the ball down and the game is over.  Absolutely correct.  What I would like to know is how much did he stress this to the team when he had the time to do so?  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, raginbull76 said:

In watching a clip of the post game press conference, It looked as though he did not take any responsibility for it.  I believe that he did state that on the 4th and 24 pass, all a player had to do was knock the ball down and the game is over.  Absolutely correct.  What I would like to know is how much did he stress this to the team when he had the time to do so?  

CCs doesn’t seem to take much responsibility 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,495

23 hours ago, usf97 said:

At no point did I seriously expect to lose until we kicked the field goal.

When we did that, I was like, our defense is about to give up a TD. We had been answering and holding serve all night. That run, run to set up a FG felt like all kinds of wrong. We just sent a message to the team that we are not trying to win this game.

When they went conservative and kicked the field goal.  The Houston possession before that was a quick score and I knew leaving them more than 2 minutes was going to come back and bite us. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

When we shut down the offense and didn't milk the clock properly on the field goal at the end.  Up to that point i had hope that QF wouldn't let us lose that game, then the coaches took the ball out of his hands.  We stopped playing to win at that point and i knew it was over....

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

On 10/29/2017 at 9:57 AM, MaltLiquorBull said:

Completely honest?  After the fg when we allowed the ridiculous kick off return yardage.  That's when I started to feel like it was over.

This. ↑

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

1:46 left on clock sticks out in the back of my head...I wasn't !00% sure we were going to win at that point in game. Even after Houston scored their last TD, I was hoping the Bulls would bust one for a winning score. Houston beat us, they should be congratulated for winning. Time to move on, can't pout about this loss forever.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

I knew it was over once they converted the 4th and 24 play. That deflated the defense but must be used a teachable moment so they players understand its better to knock the ball down then going for a pick and giving up a big play. Also settling for the FG with 1:50 left when we hadn't kicked one the entire game when we easily could have was the decision one could point to as the turning point. Not sure why we didn't just go for it and if we don't convert at least we keep them around their 20 and with proper clock management we could have gotten it to to or if the defense forces a to we could have then ran out the clock and kick a fg with little to no time left.