• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Promotions and marketing for Houston Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

You know, if we got parking and/or concessions, the economics changes.  Getting more people at a lower price may not be better financially.

you truly don't understand. not sure exactly but I'm assuming rent is fixed for the stadium. if that's the case then every additional ticket sold will = more revenue. I could understand if you couldn't generate enough to open a new section if it didn't cover an additional expense.you somehow think that if we lower prices for unsold tickets then all ticket prices will come down in price. we have a tiered pricing structure. they won't come down in price. they will be buying the least desirable tickets in the stadium. they won't have club access.

there is a reason why some people will sit in the middle seat in the last row on an airplane and why some choose to sit in first class regardless of price.Wouldn't everyone choose the middle seat by the bathroom in the last row if everyone were price conscious?

BTW having a full stadium definitely enhances the experience for both players and fans alike.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you truly don't understand. not sure exactly but I'm assuming rent is fixed for the stadium. if that's the case then every additional ticket sold will = more revenue. I could understand if you couldn't generate enough to open a new section if it didn't cover an additional expense.you somehow think that if we lower prices for unsold tickets then all ticket prices will come down in price. we have a tiered pricing structure. they won't come down in price. they will be buying the least desirable tickets in the stadium. they won't have club access.

there is a reason why some people will sit in the middle seat in the last row on an airplane and why some choose to sit in first class regardless of price.Wouldn't everyone choose the middle seat by the bathroom in the last row if everyone were price conscious?

BTW having a full stadium definitely enhances the experience for both players and fans alike.

Dude, I've tried explaining it to you and you refuse to listen.  By your logic, why not charge $1 for the seats?  There will be people that give up their more expensive seats.  How many?  I don't know and neither do you.  Also, lets say that there are 5000 seats available at $15 per seat and you sell 3500 tickets, if you lower the ticket price to $10 and sell out those seats, you've lost money.  We don't know the exact numbers, but the prices are set the way they are for a reason and the discount tickets are offered to groups instead of the general public for a reason.  More people does not always mean more revenue.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

You know, if we got parking and/or concessions, the economics changes.  Getting more people at a lower price may not be better financially.

I was speaking strictly from a butts in the seat perspective. If you get more people interested in the games by going, you can potentially turn them into fans. Take a loss now, but hope the investment pays off. 

4 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

I was speaking strictly from a butts in the seat perspective. If you get more people interested in the games by going, you can potentially turn them into fans. Take a loss now, but hope the investment pays off. 

Yes, if that's the main goal, then you are right.  It would be more advantages if we got concessions

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

18 hours ago, Bull94 said:

you don't need marketing research. just look at a supply and demand slope

The higher the price of a good the lower the quantity demanded (A), and the lower the price, the more the good will be in demand (C).

Dood I learned that at USF in the bunker.  How do they now the grass on that building?  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Dude, I've tried explaining it to you and you refuse to listen.  By your logic, why not charge $1 for the seats?  There will be people that give up their more expensive seats.  How many?  I don't know and neither do you.  Also, lets say that there are 5000 seats available at $15 per seat and you sell 3500 tickets, if you lower the ticket price to $10 and sell out those seats, you've lost money.  We don't know the exact numbers, but the prices are set the way they are for a reason and the discount tickets are offered to groups instead of the general public for a reason.  More people does not always mean more revenue.

again you don't understand tiered pricing or the fact that not everybody is price conscious. you do realize that seats on the 50 don't cost the same as the ones in the endzone right? why don't the people that sit on the 50 choose the cheaper seats? Because they aren't price conscious. they are willing to pay a premium for better seats and more perks.

what if you sell those 3500 at $15 a piece and then sell the remaining 1500 at $10 a piece? that's how it works. United doesn't drop the price of first class tickets to the same price as a middle seat in the last row do they? they still fill planes and maximize revenue by using a tiered approach. Some airlines go as far as charging more for aisle seats or window seats. the closer you are to the front the more expensive the seat etc.

you discount the empty seats. you give season ticket holders perks like club access and the best seats. you sell the less desirable seats with no club access and you do it for cheaper to the casual fan. I'm done explaining this to you. you clearly have no idea how something like this works.

Edited by Bull94

I understand tiered pricing, that why I used an example of the seats available at the $15 price.

If you discount the empty seats the closer you get, what's to keep the, "price conscious" people from just waiting until the price goes down?

Let me try to give you an example you might finally understand.  Say you sell a bottle of Coke for $1.00 normally, but then at the end of each month, you reduce it to $0.50.  Wouldn't most people just wait to buy there Coke till the end of the month?

Please let me know what business you run, so I know to buy your goods or services at the end of the month, quarter, fiscal year.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

"everyday low pricing" is more profitable in the long run than constantly running sales.

just ask walmart.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,635
  • Days Won:  6

Man I love this board.  A simple question about possible promotions for a future game in the wake of successful promotions for a previous game turns into an ECN 101 class!

Edited by 79 Bull

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/21/2017 at 8:47 AM, Apis Bull said:

Please let me know what business you run, so I know to buy your goods or services at the end of the month, quarter, fiscal year.

Automobiles for sure.