• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2007 vs 2017

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

But the 07 team gave up beaucoup yards to teams right up the gut 

As much as I love DJ he is not Steve Slanton, Ray Rice nor LeSean McCoy. 

God I miss the talent we used to play back then. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

5 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

As much as I love DJ he is not Steve Slanton, Ray Rice nor LeSean McCoy. 

God I miss the talent we used to play back then. 

Frankly, I don't.

Too many RB's, like the three you mentioned, seemed to beat us all by themselves.

There were some, I don't even remember their names like the one guy for Army, who may still be running, and another for Cinci. 

OOC, J Demps, the world class speedster @UF and much more recently, the FSU RB, whose name I dare not even mention,  who just KILLED us in our last two games against them.

Believe me when I say, to all of them: "Good riddance."

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Prove me wrong (vs UCF in particular)

Edited by TheBullies

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/duel-of-the-decades-who-wins-between-07-and-17-bulls/2341422

I believe the 2017 Bulls have the edge. What do you all think? This article is fun and engaging. One of Joey Knight's better outings. 

I see the novelties of an article like this and why it would get clicks....BUT at the end of the day we are comparing a team with an incomplete track record (2017) with a team that had a few good games but some very serious flaws that prevented it from being truly special (2007).

As much as the 2007 team showed how far we had come at that time, the fact that we keep harping on a team that finished 9-4 ten years ago and claim that to be our best team ever, not only shows how far we have to go but also shows how our athletics program squandered the 2008-2014 period. 

Dont mean to be a Debbie downer here, but if you look back too often, you'll end up running into a pole and busting your face if you're not careful!

4 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

I enjoyed the article.

I just wish he had asked Jim Louk for his opinion, since he has seen it all from day 1.

I bet Matt Grothe will post his opinion, and I have NO doubt what he will say. LOL

As for me, it's too soon to tell.

THIS USF team has yet to be tested.

Although, it's an interesting question, it really should be asked and answered after the season is over. 

MG did not post here, but he did give his opinion on twitter. LOL

Replying to @TBTimes_Bulls

42-29 we get the W and mush the streak 😬

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

19 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Frankly, I don't.

Too many RB's, like the three you mentioned, seemed to beat us all by themselves.

There were some, I don't even remember their names like the one guy for Army, who may still be running, and another for Cinci. 

OOC, J Demps, the world class speedster @UF and much more recently, the FSU RB, whose name I dare not even mention,  who just KILLED us in our last two games against them.

Believe me when I say, to all of them: "Good riddance."

I guess for me the missing it part comes from witnessing us shut down a Pat White, Brian Brohm, Tony Pike(if only he hadn’t gotten hurt and Calleros). That was the trade off of playing those types of players week in and week out, sure we got beat our fair share but those wins felt like they had more. And there were more wins than losses while playing those types on a weekly basis. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

MG did not post here, but he did give his opinion on twitter. LOL

Replying to @TBTimes_Bulls

42-29 we get the W and mush the streak 😬

Don’t know if I agree with him, but I still like Matt’s style. He was such a tough SOB. 

5 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I guess for me the missing it part comes from witnessing us shut down a Pat White, Brian Brohm, Tony Pike(if only he hadn’t gotten hurt and Calleros). That was the trade off of playing those types of players week in and week out, sure we got beat our fair share but those wins felt like they had more. And there were more wins than losses while playing those types on a weekly basis. 

I'm surprised  you left off Devine, who we shut down just about all the time. 

HOWEVER, I'm sure you know that we STILL have not won a conference title.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2007... we did not lose 1 game that year to a team not ranked at some point in the season. Playing that schedule, going undefeated would have been crazy. 

Depth may be better on this team, but I take the 2007 WR,  DL, LB, CB, S groups over this team

QB and RB positions are a wash to an extent and I could argue either way. 

OL is a question, but, probably this group. Of course, we'll only really find out against Houston and UCF. Competition certainly isn't what 2007 faced. 

TE is 2017's it clear winner at any position group in my mind. 

I loved Leavitt,  but felt like his offensive coordinators were always pretty bad. For that reason, maybe coaching could go to this group, but, I don't see CCS getting the team fired up the way CJL could.